Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Staying Home

I've been a stay-at-home mom now for a whole month! One of my favorite parts has been not waking up to an alarm clock. To be honest, I still do have an alarm clock, but it's not annoying beeping from my cell phone but pitiful cries of "mamamama" coming from the next room.

I think I'm starting to get on a pretty good schedule with what I want to do and Sophia's naps. The biggest thing I'm not used to yet is having a wide open calendar for the entire week and a to do list that I can work on whenever I want. In some ways, it's awesome. In other ways, I work well with a deadline. I'm a little nervous about what next month will bring, since I feel like this month was filled with all the little things I never had time to do while I was working, but I'm sure I'll find something to fill my time. (If I don't then Sophia being on the verge of crawling will probably keep me busy as I realize just how NOT baby-proof our home is).

One of the other things I've noticed about staying home are that I go shopping a lot more (hopefully I won't make that a habit) and take a lot more pictures. So let me show you A LOT of the things Sophia and I have been up to.

 I'm sure lots of people saw this idea on Pinterest. This was my version of it for Father's Day.

 Sophia eating the foot rest after she decided it wasn't tall enough to pull her herself up on. (The box in the background represents that I've started doing some packing for our move)

She spends lots of time playing with her toys.

 I thought I'd try out a ponytail. haha I think it makes her look Chinese.

 My BEAUTIFUL baby

We go on at least one walk a day. Sophia likes to ride with one -or both- feet up.

I vacuum a lot more these days since Sophia makes it her personal mission to seek out every teeny tiny speck on the carpet.

Testing out a new hair style after putting lotion on her head.  She'll roll and squirm her way over to me and try to use my legs, arms, or hair to pull herself up.

This little girl wants to crawl very VERY badly...
 ...and she's quite frustrated that she can't yet.
(The morning after I took these pictures, she learned to get onto her hands and knees and rock back and forth)

"Get me out of here!"
Russ had to lower the crib since she LOVES pulling herself up - luckily she can only pull herself up on people, not objects yet, but it doesn't stop her from trying.

"Even though I can't crawl doesn't mean I can't get into everything, mom"

Two very cute teeth.

She won't hardly let us feed her a bottle anymore. She usually wants to hold it all by herself.

 Don't be fooled by that smile - Sophia is the baddest baby on the block. Check out the brusie around her eye. She fell over during one of the moments she felt like she was more mobile than she actually is.

She's very proficient at rolling and squirming and then waiting for someone to come rescue her.

Add to these pictures our trip to Arizona, a couple trips to the store, scrapbooking, making dinners, Parade of Homes with Jamie, some packing, having people over, watching a whole season of Downton Abbey in one day, a wedding, Russ and I going to the temple, and helping with Tyler and Rachel's wedding plans and that is pretty much the sum of June for Sophia and this stay-at-home mommy.

3 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

I love when they reach that stage when they can pull themselves up, but don't know how to get back down! :) Glad things are going so well as a stay-at-home mommy!

Kadi Abel said...

I love looking at your pictures! The crib one is my favorite! I wish I had a baby to play with so that I didn't have to think of things to do all day here in Boise...

Rachel Lybbert said...

Sophia is such a beautiful baby! Seriously, do you kiss those adorable cheeks all day long? :)