Our little Grace is 10 months old and as cute as ever. I remember about 9 months - 18 months old being one of my very favorite stages with Sophia, and I am loving Grace in this stage also. She's learning new things, getting more and more mobile, and can entertain herself with toys for a little longer than before. She is becoming a better sleeper, has always been a great eater, and is generally really easy-going and happy - even when she's being carted around way past nap time. WE LOVE YOU, GRACIE!
Sophia wearing the same outfit for her 10 month picture
Grace wants nothing to do with the bows, hats, or headbands anymore. I couldn't even distract her with toys to get a quick picture this month!
I got Grace this stuffed bear for Easter. When she saw it at the store, she got SO EXCITED she almost jumped out of the cart. She love, loves it! She attacks it with hugs and sleeps with it.
- favorite spot: the bathtub. If you can't find Grace, she's probably in the bathroom standing at the edge of the tub chewing on bath toys.
- puts her little arms around my neck, grabs my face and gives me big, open-mouthed kisses. It's the sweetest thing in the whole world :)
- uses her tiny pointer finger to poke things, turn off the lights, and turn the x box off and on over and over, much to Russ's dismay.
- can sign "all done", "more", and "milk" - but to copy us rather than understanding (I think)
- a few weeks ago she started saying "MAMA MAMA" but only when she was very angry with me. Now she only says, "Uh. Oh."
- BEST thing about this month: GRACE NOW SLEEPS 12+ SOLID HOURS AT NIGHT! FIIINNAAALLYYY! Took 2 nights of crying it out, but she did it. It also weaned her, though, since that drowsy 5:30am feeding was the only one she'd let me do.
- Goes to bed at 7 or 7:30pm and usually sleeps in until about 8am.
- takes 2 naps during the day, usually about 1 1/2 - 2 hours each
- 90% of the time, I put her in her crib, give her the binky and her blanket, and walk away. No crying. No coaxing.
Other Grace Stuff
- went swimming for the first time yesterday. She was very skeptical at first, but really liked sitting in her floaty
- spends probably at least 50% of her time awake standing. Starting a day or two ago, she can stand on her own for about 1 second. :)
- is developing a little attitude! When Sophia takes a toy away or I move her away from somewhere dangerous, she gets so angry! She has a very loud scream for such a tiny girl.
- we had her final head appointment this week. She is officially in the "normal" range now! If you look for it, you can still see the flat part, but we are so, SO happy at how far she has come.
- last month at her pediatrician appointment, Grace's iron was a little low. We got it re-checked this week and it's still low. She's now on vitamins and we're trying to feed her more food with iron.
She sleeps all over the place now, but always starts on her tummy.
(Do other people take pictures of their sleeping kids...?
Definition of "beach babe" :)
Proud of herself for climbing in there (this was about 2 seconds before she bounced herself so hard it tipped over and she landed on her face)
Gracie Grace is definitely in the "crawl around and make big messes" stage.
Russ gave Grace her first taste of ice cream.
The stand-on-mom-and-support-myself-with-her-hair pose
So much love :)
Gracie loves hanging on the bar at gymnastics!