Weight: 14lb 1oz
(Half an inch longer than Sophia, head an inch bigger, and a little more than a pound heavier)
At 4 months, Grace...
- is chunky. She's got such cute, big thighs, little wrist rolls and dimples on her fingers and elbows.
- wears some 0-3, mostly 3-6 and size 2 diapers.
- finally has a bedtime routine, and now she goes to bed between 8-9pm. She still wakes up 2x a night, but has a pretty regular eating schedule during the day.
- takes 3 naps a day (longest in afternoon, others about 30 minutes)
- takes medicine for acid reflux after about 10 days eating and sleeping so poorly we went to the pediatrician to see what was going on.
- loves sucking on her hands and reaching up to touch her hair.
- is very social. Usually when Grace is fussy, it's because she's bored (sorry, second child). All she wants is to be held and given 100% of our attention. :) Then she'll calm down, smile, babble back and forth, laugh and make lots of cute sounds. My cheeks often hurt from smiling when I play with her. She's just so cute!
- likes being held facing out and standing up so she can see what's going on around her.
- hates tummy time.
- already has light blue eyes (the same color as Sophia's)
- all the sudden, she turns her head to the right without any pain, and sleeps with her head to the right just as much as the left. After 4 months of stretches, chiropractor visits and moving her head when she sleeps, that's a cause for celebration in our house! Hopefully it'll help her flat head. We were referred to a specialist to see if she needs a helmet. :( It doesn't look like it's getting worse, but the left side is still definitely flattened. The pediatrician noted how it affects the front of the face. One ear is way higher than the other!! I can't believe we never noticed that before!
- Differences with Grace and Sophia: Sophia was sleeping 8-10 hours at night by 4 months, Grace does not have a bald spot in the back (wahoo!), and I was giving Sophia a couple ounces of formula every day by this age.
Not very many 3 month olds get bedhead!
|Grace wasn't very excited to be re-united with Grandma. She instantly got a big lip and cried every time she saw Grandma the first day. Then she warmed up, but it was pretty hilarious.|
|Nothing quite as nice as holding a sleeping baby.|
|Sophia playing restaurant (supervised, of course)|
|We strategically place her so she has to look to the right to play with us or see toys|
|Dancing with Daddy|
|Trying so hard to get that hand into her mouth, but it's stuck on her toy|
|Moved her bed into the closet last week, and she's finally sleeping in her bed all night (instead of the rocker). Now she has her "own room". :P|