Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

8 Months

It's incredible how every month I feel like I love Sophia even more than the one before. She's becoming so wonderfully interactive and cheerful that I just can't help it! Often times I sit and watch her, and I can almost see the little wheels spinning in her head as she's figuring out her world. Its such an incredible thing.

 If you look closely, you can see Sophia's first adorable little tooth

 We hope that Sophia will grow up to be good friends with her cousin, Savannah, who is 3 months older than her. I wanted to dress them in the same onesie for the 8 month pictures to compare, and I'd say they are about the same size.

This picture shows the cute shoes my mom made for Sophia!

- She now weighs 17.6 pounds. She's gained exactly a pound since the time I put her on a doctor's office scale a little less than 3 weeks ago. This girl LOVES food. She chows down on baby foods of all kinds. No wonder she's growing out of her clothes faster! This week we noticed that when she's eating she'll say, "MMMMmmm" most times we put the spoon in her mouth.
     

    - We continue to be amazed by Sophia's constant vigilance about staying fit. First sit ups, crunches, and now...push ups?
     
    I love that she's giggling the whole time

    - We have quite the social butterfly. When she sees someone she recognizes (and occasionally strangers), she gets excited with her whole body. She smiles, flails her arms, kicks her legs wildly and laughs. Then again, other times (especially when tired) she'll stare at you with a blank expression, no matter how big of a fool you make of yourself. :) 

      - The pre-crawling method of locomotion she has chosen is to roll and squirm everywhere.
         
        We took the pole-things off of the play mat because at least once a day, she'd roll into it and this would happen :)

        - She loves peek-a-boo, tickles, getting surprised and pretty much anything that gives her attention.  This video was in the car on our way home from Arizona


        And I'll end this post with a story:
        Last night, Sophia would NOT go to bed. Every time we put her down, she'd cry really hard, and you could tell she was uncomfortable. We think it might have had something to do with tooth number 2, which I can feel and almost see. Anyway, we gave her some Baby Tylenol and put her down a while later. That time she fell asleep immediately. Then we looked on our video monitor and saw something very strange by her face.
        Turns out, she went to sleep with her favorite toy: the credit card. Not sure if it was the Tylenol or the comfort of shiny plastic that helped that bitty girl fall asleep...

          5 comments:

          Rachel Lybbert said...

          Okay, that video of her doing pushups with Russ was HILARIOUS!!! Seriously, she is so cute!

          Ashley said...

          That little push-up video is soooooo cute! She sure does look just like her Daddy!! Do people say that all the time? Sweet baby girl!

          Lissa said...

          Oh no, keep the credit card away from her as she gets older, or there will be problems. :) I LOVE the video of her doing pushups. She's getting so big! I can't WAIT to see you all at Tyler's wedding.

          Kadi Abel said...

          You little girl is ADORABLE!! Can I have her?

          Carson said...

          Hmmm, I thought I commented on this post but I guess I just talked to you on the phone about it.

          How did that bitty baby of yours come to be EIGHT months old already?!?! It looks like she's getting more and more fun every day. All the pictures are so, so, adorable!
          BTW, it was very foresightful of you to take a picture of the baby monitor. Sleeping with the credit card is a hoot!