If you look closely, you can see Sophia's first adorable little tooth
We hope that Sophia will grow up to be good friends with her cousin, Savannah, who is 3 months older than her. I wanted to dress them in the same onesie for the 8 month pictures to compare, and I'd say they are about the same size.
This picture shows the cute shoes my mom made for Sophia!
- She now weighs 17.6 pounds. She's gained exactly a pound since the time I put her on a doctor's office scale a little less than 3 weeks ago. This girl LOVES food. She chows down on baby foods of all kinds. No wonder she's growing out of her clothes faster! This week we noticed that when she's eating she'll say, "MMMMmmm" most times we put the spoon in her mouth.
- We continue to be amazed by Sophia's constant vigilance about staying fit. First sit ups, crunches, and now...push ups?
I love that she's giggling the whole time
- We have quite the social butterfly. When she sees someone she recognizes (and occasionally strangers), she gets excited with her whole body. She smiles, flails her arms, kicks her legs wildly and laughs. Then again, other times (especially when tired) she'll stare at you with a blank expression, no matter how big of a fool you make of yourself. :)
- The pre-crawling method of locomotion she has chosen is to roll and squirm everywhere.
We took the pole-things off of the play mat because at least once a day, she'd roll into it and this would happen :)
- She loves peek-a-boo, tickles, getting surprised and pretty much anything that gives her attention. This video was in the car on our way home from Arizona
And I'll end this post with a story:
Last night, Sophia would NOT go to bed. Every time we put her down, she'd cry really hard, and you could tell she was uncomfortable. We think it might have had something to do with tooth number 2, which I can feel and almost see. Anyway, we gave her some Baby Tylenol and put her down a while later. That time she fell asleep immediately. Then we looked on our video monitor and saw something very strange by her face.