Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sophia's Tricks

Here are some pictures and videos of some of Sophia's new "tricks"...
We've been buzzing our lips at her, and her imitation is soooo cute and looks like it takes a lot of effort.
I also like the end of the video where she grabs her toes, gets a little fussy, but immediately calms down when she sees her normally off-limits hair bow lying unattended within her reach. The ease with which we can distract her and the look she gets in her eye when she sees something she wants to put in her mouth is part of what makes being a parent so much fun!

Sophia has always been an arm flapper. Recently she started flapping and hitting her stomach to hear the sound it makes. This is what happened when she did her stomach hit-arm flap in the bathtub:


Just as I thought might happen, despite my best efforts to practice sitting up, this past weekend she just decided to do it all on her own. It has added a new dimension of cuteness! 

Daddy came to help get Sophia to smile at the camera. She's so cute laughing at him, and the other picture made me realize that she'll reach for us when she wants us. I remember reading about that particular developmental milestone at 6 months and she didn't do it then, but she does now!

Sitting up without her pillow

4 comments:

Rachel Lybbert said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten! And I absolutely love the outfit and headband she's wearing in her sitting up pictures! Too cute!

Jason and Lissa said...

I love her so much! She's so big! In that last picture she looks like you when you were little (minus the dark hair). I love the movie of her splashing the water.

Garrett and Krystal said...

I love how she splashes, so cute! She looks like a lot of fun and it's so neat to see her personality in all those videos and pictures.

Carson said...

Now that Sophia is sitting up and more interactive is one of the best times of being a parent. I hope you're enjoying every minute of it!
Sophia looks like such a happy baby!