Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like...SPRING!

As usual, I have lots of pictures to show what we've been up to lately...

Floral design lab this week was silk flowers (can you tell?). I used flowers left over from the centerpieces at our wedding and then added some purple flowers. It's small, but I love the colors.



I had my last cake class this week. I am not so great at the roses, but I still think I made a pretty good-looking cake!



For Memorial Day, we went to a barbecue with the professor I am an assistant for (Brother Cowan) and his family. After a fine meal with them, we went to the Holdens'. Russ and Steve broke out our little grill and we had chili dogs. We also went to the Provo Cemetary to look at the flowers. I was SHOCKED at how many there were. I don't know if I've ever been to an American Cemetray on Memorial Day before.





Russ has been playing intermural softball with our friend Brian, and Bonnie and I have enjoyed cheering on the guys while they played. The season is basically over now, and Russ managed to pull both hamstrings multiple times. He still had lots of fun and lots of good plays :)




An assignment for my Astronomy class was to learn about 30 constellations and 20 stars. It was really cool! I feel so educated - although recognizing them in a planetarium and in the real sky are two very different things. Then I called Russ and had him come to the Science Center observation deck. This is what we saw....


Saturn wasn't that BIG but it was that clear. It was incredible. The moon was SO COOL to see, much brighter than in this picture. The craters right where it is getting dark are the best.

3 comments:

Carson said...

I'm glad you had such a fun week! Will you be decorating your own birthday cake this year?

cosmoismyhero said...

nice blog report this week hun! :)

Jason and Lissa said...

You newlyweds sure know how to have fun!