Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Sophia's One Year Video

For Sophia's birthday, I wanted to organize all the videos from her year and put them on a DVD. I've been spending about 15 minutes of her naps for the past couple weeks watching the videos, naming them, and deciding which ones are actually worth preserving. That turned out to be really overwhelming, so when I saw my friend Ashley's video for her daughter, I decided a tribute video with short clips would be MUCH more manageable. Now I have a beautiful finished product to keep me satisfied until I finish the entire DVD.

Russ and I watched it last night and just kept looking at each other, not believing how much she has changed and grown. The only sad thing is I somehow deleted almost every video from the first month of Sophia's life. If I hadn't I would have begun the movie with the video that accompanied this picture:



Sophia just watched the video with me, and when it was over, she did the sign language and said, "Mo" for "more". I guess she liked it. :)

5 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

Very cute, sis! Love the video, and I love that half of her outfits were once Savannah's! You're setting the bar pretty high, though...are you going to do this for all your kids? ;)

Dana Barton said...

You have an amazing daughter and you're both such wonderful parents! How different our kids lives would have been had they had this kind of love & care in their early years. Sophia is one blessed girl! The video was great!

Chris & Christina Taylor said...

LOVED your video -and so did Mariel :) She kept up a running commentary of what Sophia was doing the entire time, ha ha. I think you did a fantastic job, and I wish I'd thought of this for Mariel back then!

Garrett and Krystal said...

Very neat video!

Rachel Lybbert said...

What a fantastic idea! What software or program did you use to edit the videos into clips and put them all together?