Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

13 Months and Walking!

I didn't plan on still writing a blog post every month now that Sophia is 1, but she is still changing and learning so much that I want to be sure and record everything! No more monthly photo shoots with the lion, though.
12 month stats - as of about 3 weeks ago
Weight: 20lb 10oz (58th percentile)
Height: 29.5" (55th percentile)

- The biggest change is that Sophia is WALKING! Since about her birthday she'd take 2 or 3 steps between the couch and the chair, but now she can walk from room to room. So far she still crawls most of the time, but she gets up on her own and walks a little more every day. She's adorably wobbly most the time and falls down a lot, but it doesn't bother her at all.
Wobbly Walking 
(the last 10 seconds are the best)

Walking Girl

- Still on basically the same schedule with 2 naps a day and sleeping around 12 hours at night. Her eating schedule has changed since turning one. She has 3 meals a day and 3 bottles a day. It took me a couple weeks to transition from formula to milk. I think it upset her stomach, and I know it changed her bowel movements. Our bank account and I are very happy that Sophia is a whole milk drinker now and seems to like it even better than formula. She also drinks water from her sippy cup and learned how to drink from a straw a couple weeks ago. She doesn't seem very interested in juice or in drinking milk from anything but a bottle.

- Signs: "all done" (this is her favorite one. She especially does it when we're shopping and she wants to get out of the cart), "milk", "please", "baby" and sometimes "more". I've been trying to teach her "thank you", "bear", "ball", and "eat" but not having much luck yet. I was tickling her on the airplane and she signed "all done". I tickled her again, and she signed "please all done". That was a proud mama moment for me.
Eating lunch and signing "milk" - her word for all food. You can kind of see her cute pig tails :)

- She understands when I ask her to sing and when I tell her it's time to "go bed" she shakes her head. She knows what it means when we fill the bathtub and gets so excited she kicks and squeals the whole way to the tub. If I ask her where a couple things are (like ball, binky, baby, bottle, book) she understands and gets them. Russ taught her to find our nose and our ears, and if you ask her where her belly button is, she tries to lift up her shirt and show you. She's also great at giving kisses.
 Sophia really likes her baby doll from Aunt Lissa.

- She basically isn't verbalizing anything except "mama" and finally occasionally says "dada" (except mama is milk most of the time and only sometimes me). Just last week she started saying "uh oh", but most of the time it's just "UH".

- When she wants something, she reaches for it and grunts. If she wants to share something, she holds it out and grunts. If I hand her something and grunt, she nods and takes it from me.  It's how we communicate. :)
Stealing Uncle Tyler's cookie

- Last week, Sophia and I flew to visit my parents in Virginia. We were very blessed and lucky to have an empty seat next to me for Sophia BOTH ways. She needed it because she's all over the place! As some strangers commented to me, she's "active" and "busy". So true. On both flights, she made friends with the people next to and behind us. She offered her snacks to them, showed them her toys, smiled at them endlessly, and played peek a boo with them. I decided she's not shy at all - as long as I was around. Overall she was just fine with all the new people, places, and things, but sometimes she cried unless I was holding her.
 Playing with Aunt Rachel

Wow. I realized I have taken lots of videos this month, but not that many pictures. I'll have to correct that for next month!

4 comments:

Carson said...

Sure fun to see the videos of Sophia walking and that they were taken at our house! It was great to have you both here and we're glad you'll be back for Christmas.

It will be fun to see what she's learned in a month.

chadandsara said...

Lucy was watching the video with me and loved it! :)

Garrett and Krystal said...

SO many cute pictures! Sophia is at such a fun age. It was nice to see videos. I loved seeing her walk and sing. :) I think the second year is just as exciting as the first. They change so much and do so many fun/funny things.

Jason and Lissa said...

Those have to be the funniest learning-to-walk videos EVER! I miss her little face SO MUCH!!!!!