Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Photographic Evidence

Russ and I have very impatiently been waiting for Sophia to smile at us. It is one of the most popular topics in our home.
Well, Monday night while Russ was working, Sophia did it! She smiled at me. I got SO excited that she immediately switched to her concerned look and got scared. A few minutes later, she did it again.

I called Russ and was so excited he couldn't even understand what I was saying. He denied it. By the time he got home, she was fussy and tired. No more smiles. When I got home from work yesterday, Russ said it must have been gas because he had her all morning and she didn't smile once.

Last night, (again while he was working), Sophia did it again and this time I caught the end of it on camera.
Admittedly, it's not a full-fledged smile, and it wasn't like she saw me and her face automatically lit up in a smile. It took a lot of coaxing and making a fool out of myself for her to turn her face to the side and smile. But I'll take it.

We can't wait for smiling to become a regular occurrence! Today was also an awesome day as our niece, Allison, entered the MTC.  She'll be serving in Peru, and she's going to be a GREAT missionary! :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck with the coaxing and the smiles. Shortly after you'll have the cutest sound-the giggle. :) Enjoy these little momentous occasions!

Garrett and Krystal said...

Sophia is ADORABLE! I laughed about her getting scared when you got excited. Daniel would do that too when I would get excited over things that he did. It's just so hard to be subdued when they do something incredible. :)

Elaine said...

Very sweet pictures of Sophia. And the best part is that I'll be seeing her in person in just a few days! I can't wait to have her smile at Grandma.

Bonnie and Brian said...

I love those pics. And that is totally a great smile!

Amanda Impett said...

I love that smile but the best thing ever is a laugh. I love that sound coming from children. Congratulations to your niece as well that's exciting. YAY for happy things like smiles.