Sophia is already 2 months old, and getting to be more and more fun every day. Although our girl has gotten a lot bigger, she's still pretty small. Here are her 2 month stats:
Height: 22" (25-50th percentile)
Weight: 9lb 15oz (25th percentile)
Head: 13.7in (25th percentile)
|Look at that cute belly! That's the last time we squeezed her into that newborn onsie.|
At 2 months, Sophia...
- enjoys baths! She is very calm, but I think she's still a little stressed out about them because she balls up her cute little fists and locks them to her side, above the water. It's adorable. Most of the time she just looks around, and afterwards she is always very cuddly and falls asleep more easily.
- is able to hold her head up very well. She looks like a bobble-head doll, but she's got a strong neck!
- sleeps between 4 and 6 hours at night when she first goes down, then wakes up about every 3-4 hours the rest of the night.
- likes getting her diaper changed. It's one of the only times she smiles.
- coos a lot, will coo back and forth with you, and is starting to watch and imitate us - especially mouth movements
- is SO much more alert. She will stare at us and track us and look straight into the camera (hooray). It's so cute!
- has quite a bit of gas. She'll put her little hands in fists and grunt a little. I wonder at what age it switches from cute to bad manners to just let one rip whenever you want. Unfortunately, she also gets gassy pretty bad at night, which means lots of crying and daddy having to stay up with her for about an hour a couple times a week.
- We are still waiting for big smiles; I say she takes her life very seriously. :P She does, however, do lots of adorable little ones, like this...
Most of my family was able to come to Provo this week. It was fun to spend time with my little nieces (and their parents, of course), and it's always fun when Grandma and Grandpa come to spoil and cuddle.
|Grandma and Sophia|
|Aunt Lissa and Sophia at the school baby shower|
|The whole gang|
|Just the family|
|On my baby blanket|
|On the blanket Great Grandma made her|
|She has fists almost all the time. Is that a normal baby thing? Does anyone else's baby do that?|
|I am so obsessed with that sweet little face!|
|She was an angel the ENTIRE day.|
Sophia's biggest fans!
|I love our little family!|
The baby blessing wasn't the only reason family came into town. My big brother, Tyler, also graduated from BYU and commissioned into the Army. He leaves in a week from today to report to Alabama. He's going to fly helicopters, his dream since he was a little boy. The commissioning was a really cool ceremony. I think somewhere back in history, a woman must have started the Army because of all the traditions and organization involved.
|with smiley Savannah after the commissioning|
|Our family (minus Russ, who had to go to work as soon as it got over and minus Garrett, Krystal and Daniel who couldn't come because of Garrett's own training in the Air Force)|