Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

6 Weeks Old!

Can you believe our little cutie is already 6 weeks old? We can't either!

Height: 20 6/8 inches
Weight: 8lb 9oz

I took the picture at one month, but didn't get an official weight until Friday...when I took her to the doctor with an goopy green eye! Luckily she's not sick, but likely has a clogged tear duct. It's so sad to see her when her eye gets crusted over! It was mostly only green for one day and is better (for now).
check out that left eye (and her cute mitten hand paw)
If you have a baby, you understand the necessity of taking 20 pictures to get the ONE shot you want. These were 2 of my favorite "blooper" pictures.
 I love her whole body sneezes (as well as her cute little toes).
 This is the last one I took, which is fitting because it looks like Sophia got so fed up with pictures she decided to put the lion in a headlock. :)
We've really started slowing down with the pictures lately. What terrible parents, right? We're no longer taking 100 per week! :P
This past Saturday, Russ got tickets for the Vocal Point concert, making it our first date without Sophia. The concert was a lot of fun and really good, but I MISSED my little girl. As we walked into the concert hall we realized that was the first time since walking out of the hospital that it was just the 2 of us going somewhere. Strange thought. Now we normally have to spend an extra 5+ minutes getting Sophia strapped in and bundled up, like so:
Seriously? How cute is that little face?
I had to go back to work today. If you ever want to feel popular, just teach kindergarten! Being back wasn't as hard as I had anticipated it being, but it's VERY hard to adjust to having 27 people need me constantly. 1 is must easier to handle! Behavior-wise, I feel like we're starting all over again. Hopefully part of their craziness was because they were excited I was back and because of Thanksgiving, and I hope I have the energy (without getting much sleep) to get things back under control very soon. Overall, I think the person who had it the hardest today was Russ. Sophia is going through a growth spurt so he had a fussy, hungry baby all morning by himself while I was gone.
Sophia has already found love...with her reflection! She'll stare into that little mirror forever
Just since yesterday, I think I've noticed a *hint* of a smile. It melts my heart. I don't want her to grow up, but I also can't wait to have her grow up and do new things - does that make sense?
Right before I took this picture, Sophia was holding her head up really well...that's why Russ is so happy :)
 The girls after church :)

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to see her soon!

Garrett and Krystal said...

So many cute pictures! I love the one where she is bundled up in her car seat. She is very expressive. :) The sneeze picture is pretty funny. I understand about not wanting them to grow up, but being excited to see how they grow and learn new things. You two look so happy with your little baby!

Carson said...

Thanks for posting updated photos. We grandparents need to get our grandchildren "fix" as often as possible!
Sophia looks so sweet in the pink polka dots and hair bow. The close up of her in your hand is a fun one, too.
I'm glad your first day back at kindergarten went well, and sorry that Russ a tough morning. Hopefully everyone will get the hang of the new schedule soon.

Nikki said...

She has some seriously long legs!! Cute girl!