Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

34 Weeks Down, 6 To Go

6 weeks left. I can't decide if that's short or long. Considering the amount of things we still need to buy and learn and do, it's short. Considering that it's still a considerable amount of time to chunk up and grow out of my clothes, 6 weeks feels long. Russ and I both feel like she's going to come early, but don't know if that's inspiration or panic talking.

I kept waiting for a day when I thought I looked good to take a picture, but after 2 different attempts, it didn't really happen. So you just get the real-deal, post work, post afternoon nap Adri! Sorry about the lighting. We couldn't get the flash to cooperate so I look like I have a black eye!
I don't miss the brick or cinder block of our old place, but they did make a nice backdrop for these pictures :)
STATS TO REMEMBER:
  • Although I have very few complaints because I feel mostly normal still, it's strange to have a body that doesn't react the way I want it to. Reaching for things is hard and bending requires an embarrassing amount of effort. If I drop something or have to sit down and stand up too much, I first heavily weigh in my mind if the movement is really worth it.
  • The doctor said baby is already head down. Yay!! That's one less thing to worry about later.
  • When I look at pictures of how scrunched up the baby is at this point, I feel so bad for her! Her movements are much bigger and pronounced. There are arms, legs, elbows physically sticking out of my stomach, (every time I try to push them back in, Russ says, "You could be pushing on her brain!") and sometimes they're a little surprising and painful. I figure that no matter how uncomfortable I am, she probably is too. We're in it together!
  • 38.5" around at what was formerly known as my belly button.
  • Teaching school is a really great distraction because I don't have any time to think about being uncomfortable. Being on my feet isn't bad either, but I do feel stiff and drained when I get home.
  • I do have a couple stretch marks now. 3 of them to be precise.
  • Between my 28 and 32 week appointments, I only gained 4 pounds. BUT yesterday I went in for my 34 week appointment and gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks. 26 pounds total in pregnancy.
  • I blame some of the extra weight on swelling. Within the past week I've noticed that my wedding ring is much more snug, and this morning I only had 2 pairs of shoes that would fit!
I've been thinking about all this awareness I have about my weight. It's hard to wrap my head around. My weight has only fluctuated about 5-10 pounds in the past 5+ years. Then all the sudden, bam! multiple pounds a week! It feels weird. I'm starting to feel better about it though, now that the baby actually accounts for a portion of that weight.

Bllleeehhh. I mentioned to someone just this week that I hadn't had a cold while pregnant. Of course, now I have a cold. It's getting worse and worse every day, and I want so badly to take a Dayquil! It was probably all those germy kindergartners...

 Compare the belly from yesterday and my birthday 9 weeks ago (25 weeks).

5 comments:

Kadi Abel said...

Loved this post!! I can't wait to meet your little girl!

Garrett and Krystal said...

You're almost there! It's good that you have school to keep you busy. The last 6 weeks of pregnancy were some of the hardest for me in that I was impatient to meet Daniel and I was feeling so awkward. We're all so excited to see you in a week by the way! :)

Lissa said...

3 STRETCH MARKS! YOU CAN COUNT THEM?!?!?!?! And a measley 38.5 inches around?!?!?!?

I'm never talking to you again. :P

I agree with Krystal--the last weeks are the hardest because you just want it to be over and meet your little baby!

I completely understand about the weirdness of the weight gain. I never realized how vain I was about being skinny because I had always been that way without even trying. It was a real blow to my self-esteem to go from a size 4 to a size 12!

Cara said...

You are way to cute!!! Can't wait to meet this little sweetheart!

Rachel Lybbert said...

3 whole stretch marks, huh? Lol, that's awesome. I think you look super cute and are still tiny! But the fast weight gain threw me off as well. And I hated how at the doctor's they'd weigh me and THEN take my blood pressure. "Of course it's a little high--did you see what I just weighed in at?!?" haha Good luck these last few weeks!