Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

25 Weeks

We looooove our little girl. We talk to her and about her all the time, and I've got about half of my sewing projects for her done! Can't wait to move to our new apartment next month and set up her nursery.

I'm in Houston right now visiting my big sister and her family. She had a sweet little girl 2 weeks ago, and I love holding her and looking at her. I especially love when she falls asleep on me. She's so adorable! It sure makes me anxious to hold my own little girl!

Here are some symptoms and stats:
  • My sister recommended measuring my stomach at my belly button. Right now, I'm 35.5" around. Scarlett O'Hara was 18.5" in Gone With the Wind...unnatural, huh?
  • My legs, back and tailbone are sore. I suppose that even though I don't look that big, there are still lots of changes that my body has to adjust to.
  • Russ and I go on walks almost every day, and I have to walk SO slow and rest often. 
  • I enjoy lots and lots of kicks from my girl each day. You can see them on the outside now, and sometimes Russ and I just watch my stomach jump around.
  • Still throw up once a week.
  • People can definitely tell that I'm pregnant now, and the options in my normal wardrobe are getting smaller and smaller. I've got a few maternity shirts now, but luckily when I wear those I still have lots of room to grow into them. I can still put a hair-tie through the button hole on my pants, but can't really zip them up anymore... I guess it's almost time to switch to skirts and dresses. 
  • No stretch marks (yet?) Hooray!
  • Happy to report that I'm not as super sensitive to smells as I was earlier. Russ may disagree with that, however, since I still tell him almost daily that he is too stinky.
  • Gained 5 pounds in the past 4 weeks again; 11 pounds total since my 8 week appointment.

5 comments:

Julia Mar said...

You're adorable! Seriously. I wish I could look that good pregnant :)

Nikki said...

Your cuteness gives me hope that I, too, will look fantastic when I (eventually) get pregnant!

Jason and Lissa said...

NO STRETCH MARKS? 35.5 inches? Not even really wearing maternity clothes yet? You sicken me. :)

Kadi Abel said...

I can't wait to see your new place!!

Carson said...

Another cute picture of you!

This blog will be a good record of your pregnancy. I'm pretty sure I didn't write down any details from my pregnancies.