I'm in Houston right now visiting my big sister and her family. She had a sweet little girl 2 weeks ago, and I love holding her and looking at her. I especially love when she falls asleep on me. She's so adorable! It sure makes me anxious to hold my own little girl!
- My sister recommended measuring my stomach at my belly button. Right now, I'm 35.5" around. Scarlett O'Hara was 18.5" in Gone With the Wind...unnatural, huh?
- My legs, back and tailbone are sore. I suppose that even though I don't look that big, there are still lots of changes that my body has to adjust to.
- Russ and I go on walks almost every day, and I have to walk SO slow and rest often.
- I enjoy lots and lots of kicks from my girl each day. You can see them on the outside now, and sometimes Russ and I just watch my stomach jump around.
- Still throw up once a week.
- People can definitely tell that I'm pregnant now, and the options in my normal wardrobe are getting smaller and smaller. I've got a few maternity shirts now, but luckily when I wear those I still have lots of room to grow into them. I can still put a hair-tie through the button hole on my pants, but can't really zip them up anymore... I guess it's almost time to switch to skirts and dresses.
- No stretch marks (yet?) Hooray!
- Happy to report that I'm not as super sensitive to smells as I was earlier. Russ may disagree with that, however, since I still tell him almost daily that he is too stinky.
- Gained 5 pounds in the past 4 weeks again; 11 pounds total since my 8 week appointment.