Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Twenty-Three

 Highlights of 22:

- Teaching Kindergarten and LOVING it
- Trips to Houston, Coeur d'Alene, Boise, and Mesa
- Car accident on icy freeway
- 2nd Anniversary with Russy-poo
- Our baby girl who is just negative 15 weeks old

Things to look forward to at 23:
- Meeting our little girl!
- Russ getting into grad school for fall of 2012
- The 2 bedroom apartment we move into next month
 - Family coming to visit for baby blessing
- Teaching Kindergarten again
- 3rd Anniversary

Birthdays are the best. There's nothing like saying, "It's my BIRTHDAY!" over and over during the course of a day ... for no apparent reason ....which I did. It makes you feel special, especially when you have a husband who cheerfully responds with, "Yeah! It's your birthday!" every time.  If saying, "Today is a GREAT day" instilled half as much joy, I would say that too.

I was a little nervous about this birthday, however, since Russ had to work and he was studying for the GRE (which he is taking right this very moment), but it was still WONDERFUL! We were able to go out to breakfast at Kneaders before he had to work, then I sewed and shopped - mostly for fabric to make more baby projects. The shopping wore me out so much it's embarrassing (3rd trimester must be near) so I took a 2 hour nap. When I woke up, Russ was done working, and I had a pile of presents Russ had surreptitiously been hiding. [That's right: surreptitiously. Can you tell I've been helping Russ study for the GRE vocab? We bust out big words every now and then...and probably use them incorrectly half the time.] For dinner, Russ took me to Texas Roadhouse...mmmm....so good (I should mention that both meals were paid for by gift cards I've had for months :D), and then we had some friends come over for cake and games. If you ask me, that's pretty much a perfect day.
 This cake took way too long to decorate, but I really enjoyed doing it.

Here's a sneak peak of the 25 week belly until I post a better one. Russ snapped random pictures of me throughout the day. What I really want to know about this is what I'm doing and why I have my arm around my dresser (in the mirror).

5 comments:

Stinson Clan said...

Oh, what a cute baby belly! That's how big I was at 13 weeks. :P

Seriously, glad you had a good birthday. Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!!!!

Amanda Impett said...

What a great birthday. Good luck Russ exciting things coming your way.

Jamie Ward said...

You are getting so BIG(in an adorable prego way)! Please stop growing until I get back to Utah. When I return, you and your little fetus can do all the growing your heart desires.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Adri! My favorite part of this post? The part where you admitted to finding pure joy in saying "It's my BIRTHDAY!" I love feeling super special on my birthday too. I'm glad you had a good one.

Carson said...

Super cute cake--if that's the picture Tyler took of it, then I think it's a pretty good photo.

I like your top--you look very cute in it. You didn't even look pregnant until the last picture!!
I'm sooo glad you had a good birthday. (I hope the shoes fit.)