Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter is Almost as Good as Christmas

 I LOVE Easter. I love it because it means that we can remember and celebrate the Savior and His Resurrection. I think it means even more to me after being in Jerusalem and being in the Garden of Gethsemane and visiting His tomb.
If I'm totally honest though, I love Easter for other reasons. For one it's in the Spring, which doesn't seem to mean much to us here in Utah (since it's still chilly), but it means flowers are blooming, and I love being warm. ALSO - I love dying Easter eggs and having Easter egg hunts. I also loved that when I was little my mom made me an Easter dress every year. I can't wait to do that for my future daughters (or...maybe buy them a dress...? We'll see).
This may or may not be Easter, but since we all match - I bet it is.
Our first Easter egg hunt - when Russ and I were dating (check out that hair!)
During my Spring Break, about a week or two before Easter, Russ and I drove down to Arizona to visit the Lees. It was a WONDERFUL visit - but much too short. In addition to relaxing, visiting family, and sitting by the pool to get a tan/try out my new swimsuit, Russ and I went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. It was SO good. Seriously. If you've ever been to the Manti Pageant, Mesa's puts that one to shame.

This year for Easter, we invited Tyler over to help us dye eggs and have an Easter egg hunt. I don't know how well I'll handle Easter when I have kids, because I like finding the eggs too!
I loved using the face stickers :)

One of the bunnies is not like the others





And since Easter was 2 weeks ago, here is a picture taken today - Mother's Day. We are finally getting some sun in Provo! Unfortunately, Russ and I got a little too much of it at an otherwise very fun BYU baseball game yesterday! (I guess you can't really see how pink our faces and arms are, but we sure feel it!) Also, Russ bought me the dress for Mother's Day, and I LOVE IT! It goes all the way to the floor and will (hopefully) help hide my little baby bump.

1 comment:

Amanda Impett said...

Looks like fun and don't hide your bump it's cute and barely even there. One of these days you won't be able to hide it. Happy Mother's day to you too you cute mama to be you.