Wow. I can hardly believe I'm almost half-way through this pregnancy. The second trimester has been so calm that I am almost nervous it's too easy. With only a week left of school, I am looking forward to spending the summer sewing and making other crafts and decorations for this baby and the nursery - after we find out what we're having on JUNE 15th!
- I hardly throw up anymore. In fact, it's been over a week! Whoohoo!
- Although I no longer feel EXHAUSTED all the time, I do sleep much more.
- My appetite is pretty much back to normal, although I've noticed that I don't crave sweets as often as I used to. The smell of super sweet things makes me sick. Perhaps that's a good thing.
- Sometimes I experience cramps when I move too quickly or just feel stretching in general as my abdomen is - as the doctor said - "blossoming"
- I've started to have some low back pain (mostly when I sit on our uncomfortable couch)
- The almost constant need to use the bathroom didn't hit me at first, but it is starting to now. It's kind of fun. It makes me feel pregnant more than almost any of the other symptoms, but I'm not sure why.
- In my past 8 weeks of appointments, I haven't gained a single pound. Since I am definitely bigger in my tummy than at 8 weeks pregnant, Russ says I must just be losing muscle mass. He always knows just what to say! :P
Russ really likes this 2nd picture. I think I'm bigger in real life than in these pictures. A friend at church said to me, "You don't necessarily look pregnant. You could just be bloated." Hm. Thanks? Who knows what I'll look like at 40 weeks, but for now I just have a little pooch sticking out all the time - and it's getting harder to button up my pants!
Lately when Russ and I talk about baby, we accidentally say "he". Hm. Maybe that means our subconscious minds think it'll be a boy, despite what we said before about both thinking it's going to be a girl. We'll be overjoyed with either one.