Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Know What I'll Be For Halloween This Year...

...I will be a mOmmy! (get it....like mummy? :D)

I'm pregnant! Russ and I could not be more excited about our little baby on the way!!! I am 13 weeks.


My due date is October 30, but I hope baby comes early. Several months ago I decided if I wasn't going to have a baby in the springtime, I REALLY wanted to have one in October. It's such a FUN month! Pumpkin patches, hay rides, fall colors, Halloween, decorations ....I just love October, and now I love it even more!


It took Russ and I awhile to believe that this baby was really real, but we are in looooove. We both feel like it'll be a little girl, but only time will tell.


I am sure I will post about pregnancy many more times in the future, but here are some things I've noticed:
  • I haven't been TOO sick, but I have enjoyed face-time with the toilet 26x in the past 39 days (TMI? Well. When you actually keep track of that, you might as well share it!) 
  • Between naps and at night, I sleep about 12 hours a day
  • I have a nose that a bloodhound would envy. My least favorite smell in the world right now: Russ's deodorant - 2nd place goes to the kitchen (sink, trash can, fridge, pantry - you name it!) 
  • I haven't had too many cravings, in fact, the only food that really ever consistently sounds good to me is fruit.
  • Although I've only had to miss one day of teaching so far, I feel worst in the evenings and right when I wake up. For about a month I would just come home from work, take a nap, and then sit on the couch and move as little as possible in the late afternoon and evenings because everything ignited my gag reflex.
Those things probably sound familiar to most other pregnant ladies or mommies, so I think I am having a pretty average pregnancy. Oh yeah, and have I mentioned that we are SO EXCITED? Also a little nervous, but definitely could not be happier.

18 comments:

Esther said...

congratulations!

Brianna said...

Yep, sounds about average! It's kind of weird how so many things can trigger nausea. It will get better, you're almost to the second trimester, it usually feels the best out of the three. Anyways, I'm sure you're going to get loads of advice for the next little while, so I'll leave it at that. :) We would love to hang out with you guys soon and celebrate before we go! Congrats again!

Jacque said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy as it moves along. So many things to look forward to!!

Michele said...

so excited for you, adri! i'm surprised your school doesn't smell bad to you. haha... i think elementary schools always smell weird! but anyway... you will be a great mom!

Chris and Mary said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! An October baby! We're voting for Baby Lee to arrive a week early, on October 23rd, because that's Chris's birthday :) Best of luck to you guys--hopefully your second trimester will be better for you! Keep posting pictures so we can see Baby's progress!! That's such a fun thing to document. We know you guys will be awesome parents...now the gang REALLY has to get together at some point in the future so all the kids can play!

Megan said...

Congratulations Adri! And Russ too. October IS a great month for babies. I hope you slowly get over the over sensitive gag reflex and have a positive 6 months.

Becky Clinton said...

I am so HAPPY for you! Delighted! Thrilled! It couldn't happen to better parents. Can't wait to see all the baby posts. Our very best wishes.

The Christensen's: said...

Yea!! Joe and I are so excited for you guys!! Haha sometimes the fruit craving is due to dehydration. I hope you start getting over the nausea soon!!

Bonnie and Brian said...

Glad you chose this pic :) I didn't realize how much the opening statement made sense until you said your due date was October 30th. DUH! I just thought you wanted the Mommy/mummy thing.... now i think its even cuter. silly me. I DO LOVE october too. Sort of a winding down and cooling off from summer and of course the pumpkins etc and halloween! I LOVE fall! Oh and I hope you have a girl too; I have some cute unused (and some used but excellent condition) clothes to pass along; I've got too much! A boy would be cool too though.

Kadi Abel said...

That is sooooo exciting!I can't wait to see you with a cute baby bump!! Love ya!

Jason and Lissa said...

It's weird to think that my baby sister is going to be a mommy...but it will be fun for our close-in-age kids to play together! I hope you start to feel better now that you're entering the second trimester. And I still can't see any sort of baby bump in that picture, skinny girl! :)

David and Katie said...

Congrats Adri and Russ! So exciting! October babies are wonderful (Spencer was born October 5th)! :) So happy for you!!!

jeddtayf said...

That's so exciting! Looks like you beat me by one day! But we'll see you pops first! I'm so excited for you, you guys are going to be great parents!

J+K=Fly said...

That was Katrina, by the way :)

Garrett and Krystal said...

Yay! :)

Rachel Lybbert said...

I'm so excited for you Adri!!!!! You will love being a mom! And October is definitely a great time to have a baby. Emma was born Oct. 21, so I know from experience! Congrats!

The Ward Family said...

Congratulations!!!! Great news for a gret couple.

Nikki said...

Adri! :) That's so great! Your baby will be so cute and you'll be a great mom!