Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

You've Gotta Try This!

If you know me, you know that I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. Last year I made peanut butter balls literally every week or so (don't worry. We shared them with the Holdens). Those are great, but lots of work. I'm happy to say I found another great recipe to help my cravings/addiction.

Here is the recipe and pictures.....

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
1 12-oz bag chocolate chips (I've done milk and dark so far)
2 Tablespoons crisco
15 Muffin Tin Liners (fits perfectly in a 13x9 pan)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon MELTED butter

For Chocolate Cups -
1. Mix chips and shortening in a double boiler. (I just boil water in a pot and then put the chocolate chips in a pan and set it on top - the point is just to let the steam and heat melt it)
2. When chocolate is melted completely, coat the muffin liners on the bottom and brush up the sides. (regular spoon to scoop the chocolate into the liner and then use a rubber scraper to push it up the sides. Don't push it up very high at all, not even to half the liner.)
3. Chill 15-20 minutes

Peanut Butter Filling-
1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Roll mixture into small balls and press into chilled chocolate cups (Like little peanut butter hamburger patties.)
3. Cover the top with remaining chocolate
4. Chill 45 minutes

These are REALLY rich. I can usually only eat one at a time. That's great though because then they last longer!


Putting the chocolate in the liner





Peanut Butter patties


Covering the peanut butter with chocolate


FINISHED! (if you can see little spots on the top - that won't happen - mine just got a little wet in the rain last night after bringing them home from Bonnie and Brian's)

6 comments:

Brianna said...

Wow! That looks so amazing and yummy! Where'd you find the recipe?

Jason and Lissa said...

Are you going to make those for me when I come visit next week? :D

Carson said...

I'm impressed; those really look like authentic Reese's peanut butter cups! Great photos. I'll have to try this recipe some day when I'm not feeling too fat.

Lindsay said...

I'd like to try this recipe (peanut butter and chocolate is a weakness of mine, too!), but would you happen to know of an alternative to crisco?

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I looked it up and one website said coconut oil. ??? I've never tried that, and I wonder if it would change the taste.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

You could probably even just leave it out. It just melts with the chocolate.