|A true newborn look: chicken arms and legs, but no neck. But man do I love those dark newborn eyes.|
- Right before she falls asleep, she almost always lets out a big, high-pitched scream. Not a cry. A scream. She also gets very squeaky hiccups at least once a day.
- almost exclusively turns her head to the left. The pediatrician told me gently to stretch it back, but the girl always turns it right back. I'm worried she might have to wear one of those baby helmets to keep her head from being flat on the left side, and it would just be a shame to cover that cute hair.
- got a patch of gray hair on her right side and was also born with her ear folded down on that side (the ear has pretty much straightened out now).
- good eater and a better burper. Seriously. It was so hard to get Sophia to burp, but sometimes Grace even pauses during eating and burps. It's a good thing she is, though, because if she doesn't burp, you can bet they'll be a fussy gas problem later.
- about 3 weeks of both eyes having clogged tear ducts ever since birth. They are doing better now, but still have days where she gets a little goopy. So sad when her little eyes couldn't even open because they were crusted over.
- loves sleeping in her car seat, which is really good because we're out and about almost every day. I think at 1 month, Sophia had only been to the church, pediatrician, and the grocery story. Grace has been to those places plus the zoo, swimming pool, Children's Museum, library, etc.
- wants to be held a lot. We're getting better at having her fall asleep on her own and be happy just to watch what's going on around her, but with my family in town and my mom here for 3 weeks, she got spoiled with lots of cuddles. Sometimes she'll cry really hard and stop immediately after she is picked up.
- not only does she have a lot of hair, but I think it's going to be curly.
- endures a lot of love from big sister. Sophia holds her hand, sings to her, retrieves her binky (whether Grace wants it or not...), shares her special blanket, wants Grace to lay in her bed, helps give her a bottle, hugs and kisses her, and Sophia loves wearing her different shirts saying some form of "Big Sister" on them.
- does sleepy baby smiles!! I really don't think Sophia ever did this, and she didn't smile until she was 10 weeks old. She was a serious newborn, but Grace favors us with little smiles all the time.
|hahah look at that face!|
Here's a couple other cute pictures from Gracie's first month:
|Not a fan of her 1st bath. Cried and turned all red - just like Sophia did.|