- 23lbs 8oz and 32" tall. Wears 18 month clothes, size 5 or 5.5 shoes.
- Goes to bed at 7:30 or 8:00 and wakes up between 8 and 9am. Takes one nap at noon, and it's only an hour and 20 minutes (much to my dismay! I have lost so much "me time"). She goes down for naps as easily as ever. We go in her room, she turns off the light, I lay her down with her blanket, teddy bear, and kitty (we have to have all 3) and then we blow each other kisses and wave. That's it. 10 minutes later, she's out.
- When she gets excited, she screams. When daddy gets home, she screams. If we're at church and I walk into the room, she screams. When she sees her teddy bear, she screams. It's cute, but it's also really loud. Now we're learning about an "inside voice" and Sophia walks around putting her finger to her lips and saying "suuhh".
- When mom was here she said Sophia is really obedient, which made me realize that she is. Then at about that same day she decided she didn't have to do everything I say. This is probably the pickiest she's ever been about clothes she's wearing or food she's eating, and I feel like she walks around all day shaking her little head "no" at me. She *usually* does a lot better when I explain first what is going to happen.
- Body parts she can show you: head, hair, eyes, eyebrow, nose, cheeks, lips, mouth, teeth, tongue, ears, neck, belly button, arm, elbow, hand, finger, leg, knee, toes, foot
- Still loves going outside. Any time Russ or I put on our coats, she asks for hers and brings us our shoes and gets her own. Even when it's cold, she loves taking a 5 minute walk around our building. She also knows the difference between "boots" and "shoes". Hopefully it'll eventually stop snowing and I can teach her "sandals" :)
- Occasionally refuses to sit in her high chair and climbs on a chair at the normal table and eats with us. Tries to use a spoon and, by the way, must HAVE a spoon or fork, but mostly ends up holding the utensil in one hand and picking things up with the fingers of her other hand. We put away the last of her bottles over a moth ago. Wahoo!
- She's obsessed with the "potty". I was babysitting a 3 year-old last month, and I didn't even know she noticed him going potty, but about a dozen times a day, she announces that she's going potty (through sign language), goes into the bathroom, puts the little potty chair on the toilet, takes it off again, pretends to flush, lowers the lid, and moves over a little stool to stand on to pretend she's washing her hands. Sometimes she also tries to pull her pants down. :) I don't think she is ready to potty train, but I do think it's funny that she has so much interest in it and already knows the whole routine.
|She did not understand the concept of the homemade ball pit, but she enjoyed throwing all of them on the floor!|
|Sometimes when you're just waking up, you need a comfort object...or 6|
|Playing trains with Tucker - her best friend for a month. As soon as she woke up in the morning she'd ask for "Tuck-uh"|
|She loves putting shoes, coat and hat on her baby and asking to go outside|
|Her favorite place in the house (besides the potty...and the junk drawer)|
|Playing with my phone on her "perch"|