Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

We Must Have Been Good This Year...

...because we had a wonderful Christmas! "Santa" brought us a couple of big and EXCITING presents:
Kitchen Aid
Nice Camera
The story with this is that I wanted to get professional pictures done of us, and Russ decided it would be better to just buy ourselves a nice camera and take all the pictures we want! It's a funny story, but we love the camera so much that it was totally worth it.

We also got to spend Christmas in Houston with my family (minus Garrett and Krystal - who had a baby two days after this picture was taken!)
 It was a relaxing trip, and it was very nice to be in some warmer weather. We even went to the beach one day (it was only about 50 degrees, but we just went to test out our great new camera):
 We also went to San Antonio and saw the Alamo, the San Antonio Temple and walked along a riverwalk.
You can kind-of see the lights behind me.
 Oh yeah, I also got to spend lots of time with THIS cute girl!
 We feel very blessed indeed this Christmas. Besides our big gifts and getting to see family, we got other great things as well...
Thanks to your voting, we got this temple picture :)
Our tree was PACKED since almost every one of my 29 kindergarteners got me a gift. I couldn't believe how generous everyone was!
I made this apron for Russ. It won't win any awards for beauty, but I am pretty proud of myself for one of my first sewing projects.
My mom - the master sewer she is - made me the middle bag (with the black). I LOVE it. Now I have the church bag big enough for scriptures (left), school bag big enough for a binder (middle) and purse.
 We also got lots of wonderful gift cards,  movies we really wanted and other things like that. I also just have to brag that I now have the complete Hunger Games series (my mom even stood in line for 2 hours to get one signed) and if you haven't read it yet, come borrow it from me because it is the best series ever!

Now on to 2011!!!

4 comments:

Carson said...

Sounds like a fun month for a great couple! I especially like the one where you are "flying" at the beach!
Dad

Carson said...

Yes, I think you two were definitely on the "nice" list this year. Lots of fun pictures to represent your month!

Megan said...

So the title of this post made me think of a Gap(Old Navy?) commercial with a child with a large amount of presents saying, "I must have been good this year!" and then his sister says, "I must have been better" as she is surrounded by tons of gifts. And I think you may have been better than we were, because I am still in want of a kitchen aid and it looks like your vacation was wonderful! I'm glad you had a good break and have happy family pictures on the beach.

Carson said...

Now that you pointed it out, that shadow on Russ's chest from the picture on the beach really does look like a witch!! I didn't notice it before.