Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad

To preface this post, I would like to share a list of qualities I inherited from my parents, as actually written in my Young Women's Personal Progress book when I was 12 years old:
Mom: brown hair, light blue eyes, long fingers and nice fingernails
Dad: crooked teeth, moles, calluses

With that in mind....my dad is very special to me. Over the years he has...

allowed me to spend his money,


taught me the importance of marrying in the temple,


helped me with my homework (especially math, science, and poetry),


sang us songs and told us dragon stories (AND had that crazy mustache),


taught us how to style our hair! :)


He taught me how to pose in pictures,


played with all the little kids in the ward, which he affectionately called "grandpa trainers"


let his children abuse him to no end,


ALWAYS takes time to "contemplate" in his contemplating jacket,


and survived raising 4 children during the teenage years when he claims we are all abducted by space aliens!

I love you dad! Never forget that the only person stronger than my dad is Luke Skywalker (as I proudly told him when I was young).



3 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

I'm pretty sure that no one could give our Dad a better tribute than this one, Adri. OUR DAD IS THE BEST!

Carson said...

Thanks Adri, That is a wonderful tribute.
I am a lucky man!!!

Krista said...

That is a wonderful post Adi! It is shocking to see your dad so young and even with a mustash! (That doesn't look like it is spelled right...) and I miss him. He was so wonderful with all the babies in our ward. You are blessed to be so loved!