Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too

This past week I had my 21st birthday. I know, I know, I seem SO MUCH older and more mature than that. I think birthdays are my FAVORITE "holiday" because everyone gets one day a year where they are "it". I mean, what isn't cool about birthdays? You get presents, people are nice to you, AND you get to eat cake! I went to bed on my birthday feeling SO grateful for all of my family and friends. It's just a good day.



Since I have a summer birthday, normally I lounge around and try to go the number of my favorite things as years I am old (in this case, do 21 of my favorite things). This year, however, was a little busier because I was student teaching. I woke up at 6:30am, put on a new dress Russ got me and I was off. Nothin' quite like 40 3-5 year olds wishing you a happy birthday. Some of the other teachers in the preschool told students it was "Miss Adri's" birthday so they came to give me all their best. My favorite was when one student asked if I was turning 100 years old.! :) I brought in cupcakes for a birthday treat and they seemed to really like them, but who knew they could be so messy!?



When I got home, Russ couldn't wait any longer for me to open my pile of gifts. He did such a great job hiding them. I thought I had a good stack going but then he just kept bringing things out from different spots around the house. He felt the need to take a picture of me opening each of my gifts. I am not posting them all, but if you are Lissa, mom, or my grandparents, there is a picture of my reaction. If you aren't, feel free to skip the next little bit of this post:

**Note: These pictures are in no way staged. This is just exactly what I did. Really.**


A beautiful Children's Songbook from my grandparents.

The "idols" (as Russ calls them) of a father and mother praying. As we have children, we will add them as well.


Wii Fit Russ got me because I always say I wish I had time to work out!


The SUPER CUTE purse my mom made for me!


Earrings from Russia, from my mom.

Then we had some of our friends come over and we ate an amazing cake that Bonnie made, talked, hung out, and played Wii. It was a good time. I loveeeeeee birthdays!!!!



Half of the party people - Tyler, Bonnie, Brian, and Avery...I'm not sure why there isn't one of the Stapleys also.

6 comments:

Carson said...

Happy Birthday dear Daughter. Looks like you had a good celebration. We love you!

Jason and Lissa said...

Glad you liked the "idols"! Looks like you got a nice haul of presents. That dress is way cute and looks good on you. And the cake looks awesome--yellow, just like you like it! And btw, yes--cupcakes and little kids = HUGE MESS!

Elaine said...

Aw, I was going to tell you how cute you look in your new dress, and Lissa already said it. I'm very glad you had a fun birthday, even if you had to get up at 6:30am.
I find it ironic that the digital scrapbooking software we tried to get you didn't get there on time for your birthday, but the box we mailed from Virginia did!

Brianna said...

Sorry about the lack of our picture - we were behind the camera and it was kind of hard to turn it around ;)

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Happy late birthday! (At least now we know when your B-day is for next year!)
We love you!
-The Lees

Brit and Steve said...

Glad you had a good day! Sorry we missed it! We were thinking of you!