Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Break!

Happy New Year's Eve! Our Christmas Break was way too short, but it's NICE to relax. I had finals and Russ had his first (busy) week as a Hall Advisor and then we headed off to Virginia.

Probably the best part of the entire trip was playing with my little niece. She is almost 6 months old and SO much fun! She loved to smile, stick out her tongue, furrow her little eyebrows, and my personal favorite was how she would always grab her toes. It made her so happy! Tyler said it would be funny if we, as adults, also thought it was fun to just lay on our backs and grab our toes. That's a pretty funny mental image, and Russ and I even tried it out. I can stick my toes in my face, but Russ can't (in case you were wondering) :). I also loved playing dress up with her! BABIES! She was obsessed with the wrapping paper. We tried to take some pictures of her "opening" her presents, but she ended up just holding the wrapping paper. Oh well. Maybe next year.




her little sweater was actually mine when I was a baby! Cute, huh?

The second best part of the trip was just being able to lounge around and play games or hang out with my family. I'm not sure when we will all see each other again, so we made the most of it. We also toured DC a little bit one evening. We went to the White House, Arlington Cometary (getting the personal tour from my dad, who is an engineer there), and the Pentagon. I hadn't seen the Pentagon Memorial before - it's really neat. At the White House there were trees from each state, so we had fun trying to find all of our states.


(Russ didn't think he should smile in this picture because we were at a Cemetery)

We also went to the DC Temple and saw the lights and the Visitor's Center. Russ and I seem to always go to temples at night, and this was no exception. But it was beautiful and nice to see so many people at the temple.





One day we took family pictures. I will put some of them on here - we were wearing white and kaki but you can only see the white. I think they look like baptism pictures or something :)



We were only in Virginia for a week, Russ needed to get back to work. But it's kind of nice to be back a little early and take care of some business and relax a little since I won't be able to for the next 4 months or so!

No comments: