Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun in 2009!

It's been a while since I've written and although I still don't feel like I have much to say, I'll do my best. First of all, Russ and I would like to recommend some things we've discovered recently and loved:
- Leverage: new TNT show. It's basically like Ocean's 11 or Italian Job every week and in an hour
- It Came to Pass: sounds like a cheesy Mormon game, but it's actually a lot of fun and not that cheesy :)
- Law and Order: we didn't just discover this, but we watch it pretty much daily now (BYU cable doesn't have many channels)
- Bones: kind of like CSI but still pretty good
As you may have guessed, Russ and I have been watching a lot of TV lately. Why? Because we found out BYU cable isn't digital so we are going to lose our TV (probably) in a month so we are trying to get as much in as we can. Sad? Maybe. But true.

On a New Year's Eve date with my husband!



Russ playing with the marshmallow shooter my dad made him

The new semester has started and I'm in my busiest semester yet and Russ is taking a couple classes too since he can do it for free as BYU full-time staff. Russ is taking PT at "6am in the morning" - as Russ says :D - and is actually in the same class as my brother, and it's a lot of work but I think he's having fun. He's also in an entrepreneurship class. He has also been busy as a Hall Advisor, getting the swing of things and just started doing RA interviews for next year. I tell you what, he brings home a LOT of funny stories from those of how people react and what you can tell about a person.

New Years Eve with the Stapleys!

check out our cute individual Martinelli's


Russ looks to have sobered up for this one, but I LOVE Brianna's face!!!

All of my classes are "Teaching Science", "Teaching Math", and "Using Assessment" since starting the end of next month I'll actually spend 3 days a week in the schools writing lesson plans and being a real teacher. I'm a little scared but also excited. It's busy and my classes go through lunch every day, which stinks, but I guess I'll get used to it. Somehow it doesn't seem fair that as a senior I should have my worst class schedule of college :) Also, being so busy now it's nice to have the Cannon Center so that I don't have to cook as much!


Russ playing wii - surfing in space on an ironing board

Pretty much our social life consists of an occasional get-together with the old RA group (with 2 new babies as new additions), Sunday night games with our old neighbors (who are about to have a baby of their own), and having people come over to play Wii with us. It's a simple life, but we enjoy it! In fact, this past weekend the whole group got together for another Murder Mystery. It may be one of the last because the Killions might be moving to Maryland! We're excited for them but would be sad for them to leave so soon after they got here - not to mention Emrie's only friend, Lizzie, would be gone :D. But murder mysteries are fun! I recommend them!


Ken and Gertrude
**the picture is fuzzy because we couldn't use the flash because of Russ's "fishing vest" reflectors! haha. You can't see it but I put my earrings on it as lures and we made a little fishing pole like in nursey **


Chris - business man on vacation / got help to get to the top in his business
Mary - TV actress / strings along writer so he'll write her scripts
Steve - computer geek / steals from ATMS, in love with victim
Brittany - neurosurgen / in love with computer geek, hates being bossed around
Adri - dorm mother / got big inheritance, doesn't want to share it
Russ - fisherman / smuggler, convicted murder
Brianna - disgruntled trophy wife / married to victim's not-so-ex husband, murderer!
Steve - rich, suave writer/ plageriser, dating victim
And Emrie and Lizzie starring as themselves :)

No comments: