Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Grace's First Day of Nursery!


Grace started nursery last month, and I wrote this post last month, but I just got around to getting the pictures off my camera. 

This girl. This giant Momma's girl who screamed so hard for over a year every time a babysitter came or she was separated from mommy for any period of time started nursery today. I was a little nervous about how she'd do, but she ran in and didn't look back. I was so pleasantly surprised. Well... she was okay for the first 15 minutes. Then we recognized her cry from down the hall, and Russ went in to sit with her for about 30 minutes. Then he left and she loved her second hour. Here is a report of her day, as told by her:

Me: Did you go to nursery!?
Grace: Nope.
Me: Did you play with toys?
Grace: Nope.
Me: Did you eat snacks?
Grace: Nope.
Me: Did you have crackers?
Grace: Nope.
Did you sing songs?
Grace: Nope.
Did you pop bubbles?
Grace: Nope.

As you can see, it was a fun-filled day!!!

She really did do all those things, by the way. I know because I peeked through the window in the door every 10 minutes for the whole 2 hours. :D

Another amendment is that her second week, she cried off and on. I was in there with her during Singing Time, and I was surprised how much she loved it and how much she got into it. :) And now, sadly, we don't have nursery in Nigeria. 

1 comment:

Carson said...

Grace looks like such a big girl in this picture!

I'm sorry to hear she had such a boring day on her first day of nursery. No toys, songs or bubbles?!?!? Hey wait, that sounds like her nursery time at your ward in Nigeria.