Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

My "Mom Vacation" in Utah

Last month, I took a solo trip to Utah for my good friend's wedding. The last time I went somewhere by myself was flying to Texas when Savannah was born and I was pregnant with Sophia, so it was definitely strange to be doing anything by myself, let alone being alone for several days. At first I was lonely and bored, to be honest, but I quickly got used to the taste of freedom. :) Russ kept me updated throughout the day with cute pictures and videos of the girls, which helped. There's just something kind of magical about being able to take time to do your hair in the morning and only have to grab the things I need for the day instead of a whole bag of snacks, clothes, diapers, toys, etc. I was also so busy, I am very sure the girls were having more fun at home.

During my 3 days away, I spent lots of time catching up with friends I hadn't seen in years, felt nostalgic driving around Provo, and ate as much Utah food as I could. :) I was also able to do an endowment session on Friday and the sealing was at the gorgeous Manti Temple. I only wish the whole family could've gone and that I could've stayed longer - there were so many other things I wanted to do and people I would have loved to see!

Had to get one last hug from Grace at the airport - she didn't know what was going on. Sophia said she would miss me but that she'd "be okay because I have a boy named Dad". 

eating the best breakfast in the world with Allison! 

How I have missed thee, Cafe Rio!

Provo City Center Temple

Endowment session at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple

I missed my family most when I had to pose for pictures by myself...so much less awkward to have other people in the picture with you! 

 
The reception was around the corner from the school I taught at! I was so excited to see it again

some serious word-searching going on at this table 

freshman roommates! 




2015 and 2008 bridesmaids and brides

Just doing some bridesmaid duties. 3 curing irons going at once.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the newlyweds 

Classy 

Casual 

The photographer had some girls link arms and others hold hands. Abby and I learned we both hold hands the same way and kept fighting over who got to be the "girl". haha

In this one, the photographer instructed me to put my arm on TyRee's shoulder. We had a good laugh about how convenient it was to have someone just the right height to rest on. :) 

This picture of our cute bouquets had me laughing harder than I have in weeks. Everyone's head is cut off except TyRee's! I love that pocket-sized girl! 

A couple more from the reception:


I am glad I could be part of Jamie's special day, loved seeing so many old friends, and grateful Russ took care of everything at home so I could go! I had a blast!

2 comments:

Carson said...

Looks like you crammed lots of fun activities into your three days in Utah! I'm glad you could get away and that your sweet family could get along without you for the weekend. PS, my favorite picture of you is the last one you put it.

Jamie Ward said...

I can't believe I'm just reading this. I am so happy you were able to come out. The weekend was so much fun with you. I loved our snuggle nights and that we were able to be at each other's wedding. Love you friend!!