Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Five Months Old

Multiple people have told me with their second child, they feel like time goes by too quickly and they want to hang on to their babies. Most of the time with Grace, however, I think to myself, "Hurry uppppp through this baby stage." (I especially think this about her night sleeping) Then there are moments when look back at pictures and think, "Oh my gosh. That tiny baby is already gone. I'll never get that time back!"


 This past month in Grace's life, she:
- gets comments on her blue eyes and people saying, "She looks just like a doll!"
- weighs 15lbs (according to scale at home)
- takes 3 naps a day
- eats every 4 hours during the day (recently back to 1 nighttime feeding)
- has been waking up a lot at night - not to eat, just screaming. I'm not gonna lie. I think this has been the hardest month yet because I'm so tired all the time!
- rolls from back to tummy and tummy to back
- doesn't cry much anymore when she goes to sleep, and always sleeps in her bed
- started grabbing and reaching for everything. It's so fun to put her on her play mat. I can almost see the little wheels in her head spinning as she spots a toy she wants, waves her arm somewhat wildly in it's general direction a few times, and finally gets that toy and puts it straight in her mouth.
- does lots of neck stretches and tummy time for her flat head. Got a head scan and her numbers are borderline for a helmet. (For memory sake - in a diagonal cross-section, the left side is 8mm shorter than the right) We're repositioning and stretching and will scan again next month to see if it's improving
- is gassier and doesn't poop very often (a big change from previous months)
- wears mostly 3-6 month clothes, some 6 month. Some pants that fit for length won't fit over her big legs. :D Still size 2 diapers.
- loves interacting with us. Sometimes when Sophia plays with Grace in a way I think is pretty loud and startling, just as I'm about to scold Sophia, Grace laughs. Grace also loves playing games with her hands, and it's so gratifying to have her laugh when we act silly.
feeling her hair
My blue-eyed girls!
cousin Savannah loves baby Grace
hey there, thunder thighs!
First time she ever grabbed a toy :)
now she can entertain herself! It's awesome!
Silly Grace! Pants don't go on your head!
My little dolly all ready for church
First time she rolled from her back to her tummy
bahahhahaha This is a family picture we got taken for the ward directory. I thought it was so funny, I asked them to e-mail it to me. Grace looks like she's storing some nuts for the winter in those cheeks! 4 months old and already making faces in our family pictures... 
Family selfie! (Sorry Sophia!)

2 comments:

Carson said...

It's so fun to see the pictures of Grace and see how she's growing and changing. I also like reading the updates on what she's doing now. You always have cute pictures and funny captions for them.

I know it doesn't seem like it when you're sleep deprived, but this phase will pass. Before you know it she'll grow up and not be your sweet little baby anymore!!

Lissa said...

I haven't seen some of these pictures, they are ADORABLE. I love seeing Grace in all the clothes Savannah used to wear, haha! Savannah sure loves her baby cousin.