Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Two Months Old

Annnnnddd just like that, Grace is already 2 months old. I can hardly believe it. I wish I could have captured a smile for her 2 month picture, but she gets so mesmerized by the camera she stops any smiles we had to focus on it. This picture is still adorable, if I may say so myself...
Height: 22.75" (64%)
Weight: 10lbs 13.5oz (37%)
Head: 15.24" (64%)
She's .75" taller, almost a whole pound heavier, and has a 2" bigger head than Sophia at 2 months!

At 2 months, Grace...
  • smiles. Her first smile was at 6.5 weeks. She still doesn't smile tons, and most smiles follow closely after eating. It's hard to catch them on camera.
 
This is the unamused look I usually get when I'm trying to get her to smile.
  • doesn't seem to be losing hair, but it's definitely turning a lighter shade of brown. :( Here are pictures of her hair color at 2 months vs 2 days old:
  • is not an "easy" baby. Before, I thought she was much easier than Sophia, but this month has brought us lots of evenings full of fussing for her and anxiety for me (I would say "us", but I don't think Russ gets as easily frazzled as I do). Almost every night, we get Sophia to bed, but instead of being able to relax, Grace takes a 30 minute nap and then spends the next 2-3 hours fussing and refusing to sleep. (The only reason I am able to write this post, however, is that we borrowed a swing today, and it when she tried to wake up after 30 minutes, it put her back to sleep!!! *knock on wood*). Besides the torturous evenings, she is still not as fussy overall as Sophia was.
  • eats about every 3 hours during the day but has longer stretches at night (4-6 hours).
  • enjoys baths. I think her favorite part is staring at herself in the mirror.
  • holds her head up well, like a cute bobble-head doll. She enjoys tummy time on Mommy and Daddy, but not by herself on the floor. Sometimes she lays there in submission, sometimes she cries, and a few times she's rolled herself over in protest. 
  • had baby acne and does have a "mildly flat head" (pediatrician's words) on her favorite left side. (I have to record the not-so-glamorous along with all the rest) We've taken her to a chiropractor to help her turn her head better, along with more tummy time and me wearing her more often.
  • will track and stare at things that interest her. One of the first times I put her in her bouncer, she stared at the carrot toy on it for 30 minutes straight, and her favorite spot in the house in on the changing pad underneath all the colorful hair bows.
  • is getting chunky. She may not look big to people whose babies are actually big (she's still only in the 37th percentile...), but she has more rolls than Sophia ever did. She continues to be a good eater, and she's much bigger than Sophia was at this age. She had a growth spurt right around 4 weeks old and within the next few days grew out of her newborn clothes, but some of the 0-3 are already pretty snug. It's crazy how fast she's growing! I put her in the same outfit I used for Sophia's THREE month pictures, and I was surprised at how similar they already look, size-wise:


Here are some other pictures from the month:

Russ says her big cheeks were made for kissing :D
Anxiously waiting for Daddy to get home!!!
Sophia reading a book to "Dacie"
Our budget "double stroller" until we actually get one
 These pictures were taken only seconds apart...

3 comments:

Garrett and Krystal said...

Grace is a beautiful baby! It's amazing how fast time goes by. I think it might go faster with each child! :)

Stinson Clan said...

Hahaha, I love the "anxiously awaiting dad to get home" one. I remember those days! She's getting so big! And she is probably chunkier than Sophs was because she eats more.

Carson said...

Grace really does look quite a bit different that Sophia did at two months. Definitely a rounder face. One of my favorite pictures is the one of Sophia reading to Grace in her bed with April--Sophia's two dolls!!

I also like the picture of Grace holding up her head on the boppy. I sure can't wait to see her smile in person!