Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday to Sophia!

Sophia turned TWO today! She is such a source of joy in our lives, and we feel so blessed to have her sweet girl in our family. They have certainly been 2 WONDERFUL years, and we can't wait to watch her continue to learn and grow as the years go by.
A couple weeks ago, Sophia participated in a photo shoot for our friend - Stephanie Hyde Photography
Babies certainly grow a lot physically from 0 to 1, but the amount of things Sophia can do at 2 that she didn't know at 1 is equally amazing. She learned over 50 baby signs and now knows about 100 words as well as over half the alphabet. This year she learned to walk, run, jump, and climb. She grew 6 inches and gained 6 pounds. The number of teeth she has doubled from 8 to 16 (and these last 8 were a LOT more painful than the first). She has opinions, favorite things, friends, and mimics everything she sees mommy and daddy do. Things that haven't changed this year are that she is still a good sleeper and a great eater. She's easy to put down for naps and bedtime, and wakes up at 8am or later. There's pretty much nothing she won't eat, but her very favorite food has always been cheese.

This year we had a very small friend birthday party for Sophia. I wanted her parties to represent her favorite things, and this year one of her very favorite things has been her baby doll! So the party theme ended up being a baby doll tea party. :) I'll admit that the decorations are for my benefit, not hers, but I had a lot of fun with them. She had 3 of her best little friends come over, and they had a blast. Sophia always gets really excited when friends come to her house to play.
The baby doll tea party
Here are the cupcake toppers I made, and the party invitation.
Even the cake plate is wearing a tutu!
Playing with the new blocks
 The teddy bear was made by my grandma, Sophia's great-grandma. As soon as she unwrapped it, she gave it a huge hug. :) And, if I may say so myself, I love the way the birthday bow I made turned out.

I love this picture because Sophia is trying to figure out how to hold up 2 fingers!! hahaha
 I was so glad my mom was able to come to town to help celebrate Sophia's birthday again this year. Not sure what I would've done without her extra pair of hands, not to mention she brought about 75% of the decorations with her in her carry on suitcase :) 
*I'll write another post about her visit - after I go through all the pictures :D*

Today is Sophia's actual birthday, so we headed over to the Mall of America and rode some rides, ate lunch, and did some shopping! Hooray that Daddy could come with us!
Always loves riding the carousel
She was excited to ride the cars, but then got scared. It was a little violent on the turns. She kept saying, "All done! All done!"
Not sure what this face is about, but Russ wanted to capture the moment of Sophia's first McDonald's Happy Meal. She ate the entire thing!
During lunch, Sophia would hop down from her chair, grab her new purse from Aunt Lissa, and say, "Bye bye" and walk around the food court. When did she get so grown up?

9 comments:

jaewon s. said...

aw that little 2 year old sweetie!

Steven and Brittany said...

This is so cute. I love how her birthday party turned out!

Garrett and Krystal said...

Happy Birthday to Sophia! That first picture is absolutely adorable. Looks like it was a fun party and very cute.

Jason and Lissa said...

OH MY GOSH! SHE IS SO CUTE! I can't wait for you guys to live by us, even if it will only be for 6 months. :) The party looks like it was way fun. And I'm glad she likes her purse. :)

Michele said...

Wow I can't believe she is 2! I remember when you pregnant with her! Looks like a very cute party. Loved the banner. Oh and I want to visit you and go to Mall of America!

Ashley said...

So sweet! You did a great job on the little tea party!!! How fun! Can't believe we have 2 year olds! It doesn't feel that long ago we were both pregnant with them!!!

Rachel Lybbert said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! Too cute!

Amanda Impett said...

Happy Birthday Sophia!!!

Carson said...

Hmm, I thought I already commented on this post. So glad I was able to be in Minnesota for Sophia's birthday party. It was lots of fun helping you with all the cute ideas you had for her party. Those rides at Mall of America look familiar! Looks like Sophia's birthday was celebrated in style.