Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Like Mother, Like Daughter?

My mom made several dresses for me growing up, and, thankfully, she saved many of them! Now I can take pictures of Sophia in my little dresses and compare them to my own pictures. It's so fun, and I'm looking forward to carrying that tradition on for many years worth of dresses and (hopefully) compare both Mommy and Sophia with future daughters. So thank you, Mom, for your talent and for your foresight in keeping those dresses for 20+ years.

Probably the most incredible thing about these pictures, in my opinion, is how hard it was to re-create those poses. I don't know how in the world they managed to get such good pictures of me "back in the day" when you didn't have a digital camera to take 50 shots in hopes of getting the ONE good one. Heaven knows I have lots of "blooper" pictures. :) I did like trying to re-create the poses, though. I think they turned out pretty good...


This is one of my favorite pictures of myself as a toddler. I mean, look at me! I look like an adorable little doll! :)

Yeah, I guess we don't look very much alike. And maybe my mom will remember better, but I'd guess that some of those pictures of me were really from 1990, but I wanted to show that we were the same ages (1 1/2) when the pictures were taken.

5 comments:

Megan said...

This is extremely adorable. That is all.

Kadi A said...

Super cute!! I love this idea....

Michele said...

that is so cool! i love it! i wish i had some of my old dresses. well now i will save Claire's clothes for her babies :)

Carson said...

Whoa, isn't it cute how Sophia has almost the exact same expression on her face in the first two pictures, even though they were taken a year apart?

I'm impressed with how similar Sophia's poses are to the pictures of you. It's sure nice how much the picture quality has improved in the past twenty-five years.

Two very adorable little girls, even if Sophia mostly looks like Russ!

Stinson Clan said...

Cutest pictures ever!