Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

11 Months

Sophia is the most wonderful part of our lives. She's so cute, and I hate being away from her for very long. I feel like I know her ins and outs, and it's so nice to have such a great routine. I re-read my journal this week from when she was born. I can't believe how much and how quickly we loved her. Sometimes in the routine of the day, I forget how much more fun our lives are with her around, but reading those journal entries and looking at these pictures (plus how nice it is when she naps...) quickly help me remember.

I couldn't choose just one picture this month. I loved all of these!
PONYTAIL!
Have I ever mentioned before that this girl has lots of PERSONALITY!? :)
She looked right at the camera and gave me this cheesy grin. I can just see her saying, "Chhhheeessse!"
Showing off her sweet side
Now that daddy is in school, she's pretty much my little pal 24/7. We do laundry, go grocery shopping, she watches me in the kitchen, we crawl up the stairs, go for walks, play, vacuum, clean, and swing at the park.

- Her 2 front teeth have made their appearance, but they're still pretty little. She also has at least 2 other teeth coming in right now. She's only had 2 for the past 3 months so with these 4 more all at once, my theory is that she wants to have as many teeth as possible when it's time to eat her birthday cake. It sure has made for some miserable days, though.
- She is TALL! I feel like this happened suddenly... one day she could suddenly reach the desk, dining room table, bookshelves and TV - making nothing safe anymore. She's as tall as her 14 month old cousin, Savannah.

- Sophia is a full-fledged participant at the dinner table now. She eats a jar of baby food and also bits of whatever we're eating. She's even starting to get pretty good at signing "more" and "all done"
- 21.0lbs! Wears mostly 9 month clothes, but also some 6-9 and 12 month. Still in size 3 diapers, and just recently started wearing size 3 shoes.
- One of Sophia's many nicknames is "tiny girl". Although I've been using it for a while, I realize that she really is starting to be less of a baby and more of a tiny girl - especially when she has her hair in a ponytail or wears a pair of jeans! I also think she looks grown up in her nighty instead of just wearing sleepers:
She gets her excitement for life from her daddy, I think. Look at how excited she is in this picture, she's even up on her teeny tiny tippy toes!
- She's very stable and close to being able to stand on her own, she walks along furniture well, and she'll take a couple of steps when we hold her hands (soooooo cute because she is pretty shaky)
This is the view I see all day. She constantly pulls herself up on our legs.
Or this view as she comes to be part of whatever I'm doing. :)
 - It's not very often that she wants to sit and play by herself, but if she does, it's almost always when she's playing with her books. She's fascinated with turning the pages and it's cute that she sits and "sings" to herself while she does it.

4 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

Sophs is getting so big! I miss her already. I seriously don't know how she fits in those 9-month clothes since she is the same size as Savannah and Savannah's 12-month clothes are already getting kinda small.

Garrett and Krystal said...

I love all the cute pictures and her ponytail. :) that's so sweet that she will sing to herself while she looks at books.

Carson said...

What a bunch of adorable pictures of sweet Sophia! I can't believe it's been almost a year since she was born. Don't they change amazingly fast??

Bonnie and Brian said...

LOVE that baby girl! You're right- she looks like a little girl in that night gown. This is a super fun stage and it just keeps getting better and better all the time! I can't get enough of my girls.