Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

9 Months

Last week Sophia turned 9 months old! She is at such a FUN and EASY stage. It seems like now a lot of my friends are pregnant right now (either with their first or second), and I find myself thinking that I could see myself having another baby sometime in mid to late 2013 - which is sooner than we had originally planned because of grad school. I'm not trying to give too much info or anything, but was wondering if any of my other friends with babies were feeling the same way (or the opposite :P).
 9 Month Stats
Height: 28 3/4" (75-90th percentile)
Weight: 18lbs 2.4oz (25-50th percentile)
Head: 17.1" (25th percentile)

At 9 months, 
- Sophia looks SO grown up. Her face looks a lot thinner than last month.
8 Months Old
- This is the 1st time Sophia has been more than 50th percentile for height. She basically skipped from 3-6 month clothes straight to 9 month clothes because of the length, so I guess that explains why.

- She has 2 little teeth now
- She spends almost all day trying to pull herself up on things, fussing until Russ or I help her stand up on something, rolling around, or on her hands and knees - rocking back and forth because she can't crawl yet. She's on the verge of all those things, and I have a feeling that one day soon, she'll get the hang of it all. Then there will be NO stopping her! :)

- As always, she is a lover of solid foods. Time to start learning more about what I can give her and how to make my own baby food. Does anyone know much about that?
 I love this picture. She loves inspecting everything.

- She taught herself to do these little fishy kisses:

- Sophia is a peek-a-boo champ. Every time she has a blanket, burp cloth or even her clothes she grabs while I'm changing them, she plays peek-a-boo with me. It's ADORABLE. I know I did a video like this last month, but she's a lot better at it now. I think she plays it with us at least a dozen times a day.


- Here is a video of Sophia being so very ladylike:

- She loves the game in this next video. It makes me a little nervous that she'd love it if a spider crawled all over her.

As always, I love showing the photo shoot "bloopers"...which were plentiful this month.
 I always dread the moment of bow discovery...

 Look beneath the lion's tummy...you can see her tiny mouth screaming triumphantly

There was a lot of trying to squirm off the couch in this photo shoot

yummy!

More screaming at the lion :)

I think that bow is adorably ginormous

I always love it when I see pictures of my friends' kids sleeping somewhere random, conked out with exhaustion. I secretly always hoped that would happen to me, but figured it wouldn't because Sophia is a great sleeper....as long as she's in her crib. Well, the other day, she would NOT go down for a nap. After an hour of her fussing, rolling around, sitting up, shaking the bars and us unsuccessfully laying her back down I decided she was just going to have to stay in her crib for an hour. I watched her playing on the video monitor (seriously the best baby item we own - it's so fun), and a few minutes later, noticed she was sitting up but not moving. When I crept in there to investigate, sure enough, she was fast asleep, sitting up. I WISH I would have taken a picture. Silly baby.

6 comments:

Rachel Lybbert said...

9 months is definitely a fun age! What a cute girl!

Chris and Mary said...

We've been planning on having our next one arrive in 2014 after Chris graduates. But I feel you--seeing so many friends having babies sometimes makes me want to have another baby sooner...but not to the point where I'd actually give in. haha!
Happy nine months, Sophia! :)

Michele said...

Yes you should have a baby next year! Then our kids will be near the same age. If we ever live near each other again they would be friends :).

Morgan said...

I am so with you! We'd love another one soon. I've already forgotten the pain of child birth and those long sleepless nights. I would LOVE another one!

Jason and Lissa said...

Sophs is getting so big! What a cutie! I love seeing her in so many of Savannah's outfits. I'm glad we had girls so close together so you can get good use out of them. :)

Carson said...

Soo much cuteness in such a little girl!
The picture where Sophia is hugging the chair leg is one of my favorites, and the photo shoot bloopers are always a hoot. (Just had to use hoot since it rhymes with shoot.) My favorite video is of her blowing raspberries.
I like your comment about how you always "dread the moment of bow discovery." So true, so true.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sophia in person soon!