Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Week in Review

Last week after my rather frustrated blog post, I put Russ in charge of the budget. I must admit that it's hard for me to not feel in control, but I snapped this picture of Russ while he was budgeting. Does he look frustrated? Nope. Because he doesn't let things like the budget stress him out. What an incredible husband.



My students and I made our own Flat Stanleys. I think some turned out better than others, but they are all cute. (Mine is the one on the top far left - I am just as into these little art projects as my students are!) I actually had a really good teacher week. I think I've only had 2 of these in the entire year. That might sound sad, but it's actually not. It mostly just means that the students understood the concepts I taught or that my lessons went really well. I often have good teaching DAYS, but good teaching WEEKS are harder to come by.


I started feeling sick on Thursday and have gotten steadily worse. These two items have been my CONSTANT companions:



Since I don't do so well just recovering and relaxing, while I was sick this weekend I made my students' valentines! They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Thanks for the idea mom!


2 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

You and your crafts--you are SO our mother's daughter! :) I hope you feel better soon, little sis.

Elaine said...

The flat Stanleys are very cute. Hooray for a good teaching week! I hope you'll have more as the school year continues. I hope you're feeling better today.