Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

I Wonder...

It is against my personal policy to post on the blog unless I have pictures to accompany the post. That becomes a problem because I seldom have my camera and hardly ever remember to take pictures. So I wonder if anyone will read this post - EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO PICTURES (there. I said it. Those who want to stop reading now can).

It's Christmas! It's almost 2010! Only 2 more years until the world ends, apparently. This was my first Christmas with Russ's family in Arizona, and it has been quite fun. On Christmas Eve we had a big family dinner (and when I mean big I mean 34 people - and 3 families weren't even there!). It was delicious! I've never SEEN so many mashed potatoes!

Then we had a Christmas program and sang Christmas songs. All the men in the family have a tradition of singing "It's the Holiday Season", during which I noticed that I definitely married the most attractive Lee brother (not that I am biased in any way). Then we read a poem about the Christmas spider and I got the honor of putting the spider ornament on the tree. Russ, however, told me that I had to get up and dance like I spider so I really didn't hear the poem - I mean - how do you dance like a spider anyway!?! Apparently you only get this honor once so I had to make it good. I had Russ put me on his shoulders and I put the spider on the tallest branch of the 10ish foot tree. It's great how families have traditions. Even though my family's traditions are different, it was still fun to see new traditions.

Since it was just Russ's parents and us, we woke up at about 9:00 to open our presents. It was even a "white" Christmas because there was a THIN layer of frost on the ground. Russ and I opened most of ours in Provo before we left because we didn't want to pack them (thank you airlines for discouraging us all to NOT take luggage) so this morning was sort of anti-climatic, not that gifts are the important part anyway!

Then the Lee clan all came over again for a giant omelet brunch. I must admit that I missed mom's Christmas ham and cinnamon rolls brunch at that point, although omelets were good too!

So for the next 8 days or so, I plan on having a real vacation: hanging out with family, sleeping a lot, reading books, seeing movies and wrapping it all up with a WEDDING!!!! So Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry I didn't have any pictures!

6 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

Glad you're having fun! I can't WAIT TO SEE YOOOOOU!

Amanda Impett said...

I LOVE hearing from you with our without pictures. I can't wait to see you and I am glad you are having a good time.

Carson said...

I was worried about you having your first Christmas away from home, so I'm glad it went so well. What a blessing it is for you to have married into a large and righteous LDS family!

Bonnie & Brian said...

haha... I know exactly what you mean about not including pictures. I told myself I would at least drag a picture of something that relates to my blog from online for each blog, but I have since neglected that resolution. I loved reading about your christmas! The spider thing- who woulda thought! Congrats for your opportunity this year! You make me want to write about our christmas so far... i probably will soon.

Carson said...

I can't wait to see you do your spider dance in Spokane. Maybe at your Brother's Wedding???
Loe Dad

Vickie said...

I agree with you on most things here... it was a heck of a lot of mashed potatoes (can't ever have too many, I say), spiders don't dance, and every good vacation involves good books and relaxing. However, there is one point on which I must strongly disagree. Ben is much better looking than Russ. Hands down.
;)