Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bah Humbug, Halloween!

I am not really a fan of the whole Halloween thing. You dress up in a costume that you think is really cool but people don't always understand and then go knock on doors and get some good candy but also a fair share of stuff you'd never eat, and normally I'd go do things that scared me and regretted it later. It isn't all bad, of course. My siblings and I had a lot of fun. My favorite tradition was making sugar cookies in Halloween shapes.


1990 Lissa - catwoman, Tyler- batman, Garrett, spiderman, Adri - Little Red Riding Hood


1995 with our handmade Star Trek costumes (I loved Deanna Troy)

So far, Russ and I are 0 for 2 when it comes to Halloween. We didn't carve pumpkins, carry on the tradition of sugar cookies, dress up, watch any scary movies, go to any Halloween parties, or go to the Haunted Forest (although we did last year). Maybe it'll be more exciting when we have kids of our own...?

4 comments:

Lissa said...

You were Counselor Troy, I was Dr. Crusher. Ah, the good ol' days!

I don't know if it will be more exciting with kids, but you still have to do things like carve pumpkins and make sugar cookies so they have happy memories like you do!

Lissa said...

P.S. I was Batgirl, not Catwoman.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

ohhh I was wondering why cat woman had a batman symbol, but with the head mask thing I thought it was more catish...

Elaine said...

It WILL be more exciting with kids, because their excitement is contageous.