Height: 24.25" (50th percentile)
Weight: 12 pounds 12.5oz (25-50th percentile)
Head: 15.4" (10th percentile)
She was really good about her 4 month shots - as she was with her 2 month ones. She happily gulped down the oral one and was babbling away. After the first prick, she looked very confused for a split second before the tears came. By the 3rd prick, she was crying so hard that her tiny head was shaking back and forth, her face was bright red, but no sound came out. When she finally did get the screams out, she was very cuddly and she stopped crying even before we went to schedule our next appointment, and she fell asleep on the way home.
At 4 months, Sophia:
- just in the past week or so has grown out of most of her 0-3 month onesies, but the 3-6 month ones are HUGE!
- takes 3 or 4 naps a day (usually at least an hour - longer in the afternoon and shorter in the evening)
- LOVES putting her hands in her mouth, babbling, taking baths, and smiling at people other than her parents (we have to work hard for her smiles)
- gets complimented most on her big blue eyes
- laughs most while changing her clothes and when she's being held like she's flying. Her laughs are hard to come by, but SOOOO cute!
- goes to bed around 9 and wakes up anywhere from 5 to 7am. Then she'll eat and go back to sleep until about 8:30 or 9:00.
- has some formula every day because I just can't keep up! In fact, I am producing even less than I did 2 months ago.
- cries less than she ever has in her life. She hardly ever cries when we put her down for naps (I credit babywise for that one), and is much better about handling her gas. She'll often be sitting in her bouncer, and I can hear her grunting for all she's worth :)
|In the act of backhanding the lion. She did not want it to steal her spotlight.|
|Once she realized she was going to be in this picture with the lion no matter what, I laughed while she wrestled with it for a good 30 seconds until she got it into her mouth.|
|Happily chomping on her hands.|