Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

3 Months

She looks almost the same as last month, but has chunked up a TON since her one month picture.

I was a little bummed that the only picture she *sort of* smiled in was blurry:
 At 3 months, Sophia...
...weighs about 11 pounds (according to our scale)
...smiles and coos
...holds her head up very well
...sleeps about 6-7 hours at night, eats, and then sleeps another 3-4 hours
...takes 3 naps during the day
...loves eating her hands
...spends lots of time sitting in her bouncer while I work in the kitchen. She is perfectly happy because there's always something to look at or listen to in there!
...has blue eyes (no longer the dark newborn eyes)
...cries almost immediately when she's on her tummy
...gets very possessive of her pacifier when she's tired, but doesn't want it most other times

I used to tell myself that I wouldn't ONLY post about my baby. Well. That was silly, and I will tell you why:
1. The primary people who look at your blog are family members and friends who live far away
2. When you have a baby you really don't do much else, and you certainly don't take pictures of much else.
So, here are some recent pictures:
We always thought she was a little serious. This proves it. She's probably pondering the world's problems.
One of our friends was kind enough to offer the use of her swing. Sophia loves it, and she especially loves the mobile on top. She watches it and smiles at it. 
Hangin' out in the kitchen while I made Sunday dinner
I have two apologies about this video. One is that I set the camera on the back of the couch since Russ wasn't home and you can't see us very well. The second is to Ashley for copying her baby noise. What can I say? Sophia enjoys it too!
video

Photo Shoot Bloopers!
Big eyes. Surprised that she leaned over :)
 First she tipped over. Then she slipped onto her tummy. Finally, she cried and needed mommy to rescue her (not pictured).

 And one more smile, just for Grandma:

5 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

So cuuuute! I wish Savannah slept as well as her cousin! Kiera cried all the time on her tummy for the first 5 months of her life. Not even remotely interested in moving--now at 3 I can't get her to STOP moving!

Elaine said...

I sure love to see pictures of Sophia smiling, and the video is sooo precious!
Looks like you two had a fun photo shoot. The grandparents are very happy when you put up new pictures and videos of Sophia.

Ashley said...

Cuuuuuuuute!!! I LOVE that video! She has a cute little smile! :) I remember thinking the same thing..that I wouldn't ONLY post about Ava. HAAA. Yeah, no.

Curtiss & Ginger said...

Parker hated being on his tummy too!! Crazy that she is already 3 months! She is just too cute, I love her smile!! Isn't that the BEST?!?!

Garrett and Krystal said...

What a sweet baby you have! I loved seeing all the pictures. She is getting so big!