Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Two Weeks

We went to the doctor on Monday, and I found out just how little my "bitty baby" is! Here are her stats:

Height: 20 1/4 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 6 pounds 15.2 ounces (25th percentile)
Head: 13.3 inches (5th percentile)

I am a little sad that she still isn't quite back to her birth weight yet, but I love the head size. I guess that's why I didn't need any stitches! When I look back at pictures from the hospital, I realize she is already starting to look different, and I can't believe she's growing up so quickly!
This week we noticed that Sophia is more alert and studies our faces. She is also still a very calm baby. She's a little cuddle bug and loves to be held. One of her favorite things to do for the past couple nights is to be wide awake from midnight to 2am and play with mommy and daddy! We LOVE playing with her and doing nothing but gaze at her. She still isn't a big fan of baths, but she calms right down when we are washing her hair. We've decided she secretly loves the spa treatment on her scalp. Basically, we just love our little girl!
I love her personality showing in her expressions.
On Thursday, Grandma came to visit for a few days. She cooked, cleaned, cuddled Sophia, helped me with sewing projects, ran errands with/for me to get the rest of the things we need, told me to take naps, and went with me to my classroom to officially finish all of my sub plans. Luckily, Sophia sleeps well in her car seat and is a little angel baby, so we were able to get so much accomplished. My mom brought a couple of outfits from when I was a newborn and some of my favorite books from when I was little. It's sure sweet to see little Sophia wearing clothes that were mine! Hopefully you can click on the picture below to get a sneak peek into her second week of life. :)
On Sunday night I was doing the dishes and heard Russ singing Primary songs to Sophia. It was so cute that I had to sneak in with the camera.
As for us, we are getting sleep when we can and it's an adjustment to plan out errands and have one of us stay home with Sophia instead of going places together, but we honestly couldn't be any happier. We love having our little daughter in our family.

5 comments:

Kadi Abel said...

She is so beautiful!! I'm glad I finally got to see her :) Let me know if I can help you with ANYTHING!

Brianna said...

It is so fun to see the stats sometimes, and great to hear how well things are going for you guys. My favorite picture is the one of Russ holding her hand - it makes her seem so tiny, but it is so precious and sweet! Great job taking pictures, it's true, they change so quickly, so it's a good habit to get into! :)

Ashley said...

Haha oh my gosh Adri...so last night (or should I say EARLY this morning while I was nursing Ava) I read this post and in my zombie-like state, I thought it said that Sophia was 13 inches long! I was thinking, HOW the heck is Ava 10 inches longer than Sophia?! hahaha I was soo confused. And then I read it again and realized that is her head measurement. :) She is sooooo cute! We are coming to Utah for Thanksgiving AND for a couple days in December...I really want to meet Sophia!

6Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C said...

I've never met you Sophia, but I am positive that I love you! You are so precious and so cute! I need to meet you!!!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

She looks adorable! We are so happy for you, children bring even more love and joy into a family, its great!!!