The reality that we're going to be parents soon keeps hitting us at different times. This cute little exchange happened while we were looking at strollers and car seats last week:
Russ: Oh my gosh
Russ: (moving around the little head cushion in the car seat) HER TINY HEAD IS GOING TO BE IN HERE!
- Gained another inch on the measuring tape this month. I'm now 36.5" around at my belly button (which has passed outtie stage and now looks completely pulverized).
- Another 5 pounds at my doctor visit a week and a half ago. That's 16 pounds total folks! Russ assures me it's all going to the baby and nowhere else, and it's true. I know I am very lucky to still be so small and not have gained weight/swelling anywhere else, but it still sounds like a lot!
- Current craving: sausage. When I look back at this pregnancy, the only other thing I would really call a craving was CHEESE. Months 3-5 I could not get enough Colby Jack cheese.
- At my appointment, the doctor asked if the baby is active and Russ replied that she really likes to kick. Sure enough, as soon as he tried to listen to the heartbeat, she kicked the doppler stethoscope. It was pretty cute.
- Only threw up once in the past month, and that was this morning (I tried to get away with not eating breakfast. Baby would have none of it).
- Hello heartburn. Luckily it's one of the most manageable symptoms I've had.
- My sister will be happy to know that the hair tie through the button hole just doesn't cut it anymore (and hasn't for about a month). As I predicted in my last post, I have indeed stuck to my 1 pair of maternity capris, pj pants, dresses, or skirts. Russ keeps encouraging me to buy maternity pants, but every time I look at them, I just can't do it. They look so funny!
- I guess I passed my glucose test because I never heard back about it. I think I'm having a really easy time with pregnancy. I keep getting lucky by not having any of the worst stuff!
|I didn't mean to take this picture - I was looking at where I wanted to put my hands, but I think it's sort of sweet :)|