Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scrapbooking

When I was 12 or 13, my mom started taking me down to the church once a week during the summer to scrapbook with the ladies in the ward. I think she figured it was too late to start with her own life, so she helped me with ideas, cutting, and getting supplies. A single page takes me about 1 1/2 hours to complete, and I don't do much more than cut pictures into circles and cut out a title with stencils! So for those who have never done it, know that scrapbooking really is a LOT of work!

Last year for my birthday Russ and my parents got me digital scrapbooking software. There are lots of great things about scrapbooking on the computer, especially being able to download paper and things for free. It also takes a LOT less time. Plus with that software, I made Garrett and Krystal's wedding announcement, a family memory book, lots of picture collages for my desktop, AND my scrapbook pages.

During spring break this week, I've been working hard. Sadly, I even have dreams about scrapbooking! I also discovered that I could print my pages for about 50 cents each here at BYU! I must admit that I don't think the quality is as high as if I'd got pictures developed and then scrapbooked them, but it looks so great! When I just flip through the pages, I can't tell which are "real" and which are digital.

Although life is just going to keep going and there will ALWAYS be more to scrapbook as the years go by, I am caught up to 2010! Okay, well, not quite. I have 5 pages left to finish, but compared to the 231 pages that ARE done (yes, I counted), 5 is NOTHING! And by the way, before you wonder why a 21 year old has 231 pages worth of scrapbook - remember that I grew up traveling Europe and Asia!! That is my defense :)

Here are pictures of some pages I've done:


h





4 comments:

Michele said...

i have always wanted to try digital scrapbooking. i am just like you, it takes me at least an hour to do a page the old school way. you will have to show me how to digital scrap sometime!

Lissa said...

That looks awesome, B! Glad you're having a fun and productive Spring Break!

Carson said...

Those are really beautiful layouts for your scrapbook. I'm so glad the digital scrapbooking is working out for you.

I forgot to ask you tonight when we talked how you got such a cool header on your blog.

Garrett and Krystal said...

Cute scrap booking pages! I especially like the way you put together the pictures of your first home.
I am learning the truth about the work that it takes to scrap book. I have been working on our wedding pictures and usually I do only get one or two pages each time I sit down to work on it in a day.